PDA

View Full Version : More problems

bigfoot
09-23-2009, 08:16 PM
Hey guys,
started loading some 9mm 120 gr. Tc bullets today that i had cast about a month ago. The mold is a lee 6 cavity 120 gr. Tc .356 dia.
Problem is when i seat my bullet to the correct oal 1.120 required part of the lube ring is showing, compared my bullets to some i had purchased a time ago looks like the tc nose of mine are .015-.020 longer, if i seat them deeper wont that raise my pressure. What can i do to correct my problem.
Thanks bigfoot

GabbyM
09-23-2009, 09:00 PM
are you sure 1.120" would even fit in your magazine?
Find an O.A.L. using your barrel as a gage. Remove it from your pistol and try rounds in it until you find where the bullet engages the rifling. Work up a load from their.

bigfoot
09-23-2009, 09:21 PM
i tried them in the magizine, they worked ok. i will try them in the barrel and see what they look like. thanks

jdgabbard
09-23-2009, 09:30 PM
My luck with 9mm and cast has been all but conclusive. You might check to make sure the data is for the boolit you are using. Typically, if I'm using a similar boolit to the one for the data (within the same area as far as weight is concerned) I seat it to where it works, start with the starting load shown and work up. My guess, this will work fine for you.