PDA

View Full Version : Which chronograph

glock19
09-23-2009, 12:13 PM
I'm ready to buy a chronograph but don't know which one.. Help me decide.
Pact professional xp
Chrony gamma chronograph
Chrony beta chronograph

Thanks

Shiloh
09-23-2009, 02:00 PM
I have a Chrony Beta. This is more than adequate for my needs. I t could be upgraded if need be. Can't speak about the others. A fellow shoeter has an ancient Oehler. That satisfies his chronograph needs as well.

SHiloh

mike in co
09-23-2009, 02:36 PM
cannot reccommend any of those three.

my pact was a pc of chit. will not buy any pact product based on how poor that chrono was.

mike in co

Ken 45LC
09-23-2009, 04:18 PM
I can't remember if it was an old thread on here or somewhere else, but this discussion came up and the Competition Electronics one got pretty good reviews. I haven't tried it, but if my Chrony screws up one more time it's going into the garbage and i'm going to try one.

I had to send it (Chrony) back to get "recalibrated" and cost me $36 and shipping i believe. Or at least that's what the tech said was wrong with it. I'm not sure why it would need recalibrated when it was never dropped, shot or even rained on. Heck, it was only used a dozen times at best. Sorry for the ramble.

Ken

M_Phipps
10-02-2009, 11:25 PM
I know this greatly exceeds the budget for most however if anyone has considered the PVM-21 chronograph then you might want to check out this group buy on another site.
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1294811#Post1294811

Idaho_Elk_Huntr
10-02-2009, 11:57 PM
I have the CED M2. I like it and it now seems to be one of the better ones on the market. You can pick one up from Grafs for $195 to your door

http://www.cedhk.com/show.php/Object29

AJ Peacock
10-03-2009, 12:03 AM
I have a Chrony Beta and a CED M2. The CED is much more accurate than the Chrony Beta (based on expected velocities, drop chart verification and comparison with an Oehler). The Beta misses many more shots than the CED as well.

AJ

dale2242
10-03-2009, 07:59 AM
I have the Chrony Beta Master. I t fills my needs. I have not had any problems when it is used properly......dale