PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Rapine Bullet Mould Mfg

Etienne Brule
09-20-2009, 03:51 PM
Hi,

I am looking for Rapine Mould prep instructions. I got just the stuff without any way to use it.

Thank you for your kind attention.

Gerald

Frank
09-20-2009, 07:34 PM
Clean and degrease mold, then dry it. Shake bottle. Put in a Q-tip or equivalent, apply a light coat to mold where desired. Let it dry for at least 1 hour before using the mold. Careful with the bottle. It's tall and tips over easy.

Hardcast416taylor
09-20-2009, 10:31 PM
Besides lightly doing the cavities I lightly do the entire outside of the mold and sprue plate. I have no problem with errant lead sticking where it shouldn`t and it also makes a barrier to help prevent rust from forming. I`ve been using it for many years and am still on my first bottle.Robert

Frank
09-20-2009, 10:57 PM
Hardcast416Taylor wrote
Besides lightly doing the cavities I lightly do the entire outside of the mold and sprue plate. I have no problem with errant lead sticking where it shouldn`t and it also makes a barrier to help prevent rust from forming.
Good idea. Now I have a question.

I know Rapine's molds are aluminum. Is it recommended to use the mold prep on iron molds? Or is that insufficient for rust prevention?

Etienne Brule
09-21-2009, 08:26 AM
Do I have to put it on a hot mould ?

Do I have to use it every time that I use the mold ?

Thank you for your kind attention.

Gerald

Harry O
09-21-2009, 10:16 AM
Do not put it on a hot mould. You don't have to put it on every time, but I touch it up where ever it wears off. I use it on the sprue plate, too. Keeps lead from sticking there. I use it on both aluminum and iron moulds.

Hardcast416taylor
09-21-2009, 02:42 PM
Right-O on Harry-o! Use it on either type of metal when cool. I also use it on door hing bolts and other things that need a lube other than oil.Robert

Etienne Brule
09-21-2009, 05:29 PM
Do we still need to oil the mold after the molding session ?

Oil over the Rapine prep ?

Thank you so much for the attention

Gerald... still having to learn.... LOL LOL

HORNET
09-21-2009, 07:52 PM
That mold prep's not really intended to be a rust inhibitor. I'd still oil the iron molds (and wouldn't use the mold prep).

runfiverun
09-22-2009, 01:48 AM
throw the boolit ruiner away unless you need oval boolits for some reason.
i swear to god the next mold i buy with release agent in is gonna go right....
you want a mold prep buy some kroil.