PDA

View Full Version : Problem at Surplusrifleforum.com???

Black Wolf
09-20-2009, 09:26 AM
Guys, this morning I went to the www.surplusrifleforum.com website. Immediately, without attempting to login, it states:

You have been permanently banned from this board.

Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

Reason given for ban: Spam

A ban has been issued on your username.

I just posted a picture last night so I don't know what the deal is. I'm not even attempting to log in and it displays this message. I was wondering if someone could tell me if they get the same message when they go to the site - without attempting to log in. It's either one of 2 issues, 1) I've been banned for reasons unknown to me (which would be a first - having almost 2500 posts there) or 2) the website has been infiltrated by a real spammer and their trying to get login data from the members.

3006guns
09-20-2009, 09:31 AM
I just tried it and got the same message......and I've NEVER posted on there, so I would assume it's a server problem of some sort. Patience........they'll get it sorted out.

Black Wolf
09-20-2009, 09:34 AM
Phew, thanks. I thought so. I thought they may have banned me based upon my IP address versus my log in. Obviously there was no reason why for it.

Unfortunately, I did send an email to the link "contact Forum Administrator" and likely compromised my own email address to the hacker.

WARNING TO ANYONE LOGGING IN THERE.

Shiloh
09-20-2009, 11:19 AM
Same here.

Has to be some sort of internal problem.

Shiloh

Matt_G
09-20-2009, 11:27 AM
Same here.

Has to be some sort of internal problem.

Shiloh

Or they got hacked. If that's the case I hope they have a current backup.

sleeper1428
09-20-2009, 01:08 PM
I just went to that site and the following message is now posted:

"Routine board maintenance in progess. If you received a message that your username was banned be aware that you have NOT been banned. Working to correct the problem."

So apparently they're having a software problem and no one has been banned. I'd just keep checking back and I'll bet it won't be too long before they're back up and working again.

sleeper1428

Shiloh
09-20-2009, 04:30 PM
I just went to that site and the following message is now posted:

"Routine board maintenance in progess. If you received a message that your username was banned be aware that you have NOT been banned. Working to correct the problem."

So apparently they're having a software problem and no one has been banned. I'd just keep checking back and I'll bet it won't be too long before they're back up and working again.

sleeper1428

Good news.

Routine maintenance rather than maliciousness. It works now.

Shiloh

jack19512
09-21-2009, 01:15 AM
I received an e-mail notifying me I was banned. I haven't been to that site in years.

smlekid
09-21-2009, 04:45 AM
That is good to know I went there yesterday and got the banned for spam message

oldhickory
09-21-2009, 06:58 AM
It seems to be up and running normal now.

Bloodman14
09-21-2009, 02:27 PM
I got an e-mail, too, about this, and I NEVER posted to begin with, nor am I a member! (That may change, though.) The message did say it was an error, and that they are working on it.