PDA

View Full Version : Pedersoli/Kodiak Mk IV 45-70 double rifle

omgb
04-16-2006, 07:45 PM
I've had a bug under my bonnet for almost 30 years. Waaaaaaay back in the 70s while I was stationed up on the arctic circle, I read an ad for a double rifle by an outfit called Texas Trail Guns. Later, in 1982 I actually had one in my hands and would have kept it were it not for a bulged barrel. A few years back I heard that Pedersoli was now marketing the rifle and that they had a breech loading version of it in 45-70. I believe it is made on their 20 GA frame. Any way, one of the things that has been running through my mind is whether or not the barrels are really regulated to point of aim. In double guns, that is the bugabo that runs up the cost so dang much. The maker has to fire round after round to get things lined up correctly. i find it hard to believe that Pedersoli can do that for $3,500. I suspect that they use the folding sights in such a way that one sight is for the left barrel and one is for the right. That's the way it was done on the old TTG 58 cal. Do any of you have any experience in this matter? Any one actually have or have shot one of these?

AkMike
04-16-2006, 09:49 PM
Pedersoli appears to use lazers to "regulate" them. Sometimes they work fair and sometimes not so good. The barrels are brazed together and cannot be adjusted.
When they were $2000 they were a good buy and some allowances could be made for the price. But now they are up to the $4k area it's as esy and even a bit cheaper to get a real double. I'm ordering a "Chapuis" 9.3X74R. Alot more bang for the buck!! literally!!