PDA

View Full Version : .303 stripper clips

JeffinNZ
09-19-2009, 01:08 AM
Team.

I may have discovered a source of rather cheap and plentiful .303 chargers.

Probably USD1.00 each plus postage which won't be much.

I know you guys struggle to get them at a reasonable price and they are still quite available down here.

If anyone is interested PM me and I will see what I can find out.

northmn
09-19-2009, 08:03 AM
I bought a few from Numrich arms (I think) As I do not pitch them they last me a while, but are really handy for carrying extras. Although when you load a 303 the magazine capacity kind of takes care of any need I have for extras. They still add to shooting a milsurp.

Northmn

KCSO
09-21-2009, 12:57 PM
I've got a bunch from when yo could still buy ammo in them over here, but I don't think I ever used one. I rarely shoot more than one or two times at any given deer or coyote and I have yet to run the mag dry on anything. I di carry one for a while in my pocket but after years of noot using it I just gave it up. If I were still shoooting military matches I would sure want some strippers though.

JeffinNZ
09-21-2009, 03:34 PM
Sweet. For some reason I thought they were in short supply in the US. Maybe the jacked up prices on Ebay caused me to think that. I use them a lot at the service rifle shoots we have where speed is the essence.

1874Sharps
09-21-2009, 04:16 PM
Jeff,

I bought some milsurp 303 Brit ammo years back and it came in stripper clips (yippee!). I have tried to goof with the stripper clips, but they do not readily strip the ammo into the magazine for me. Maybe I am not using good technique or something. I would sure appreciate some advice in this area. I love the 303 Brit SMLE! I have one from WWI with bayonet and it shoots great with both cast and jacketed bullets. I agree with some experts I have read and think the Brit SMLE was the best rifle on the battlefield of WWI. With a ten round capacity and buttery smooth bolt, this great and reliable rifle was quite formidible!

no34570
09-21-2009, 06:14 PM
Jeff,

I bought some milsurp 303 Brit ammo years back and it came in stripper clips (yippee!). I have tried to goof with the stripper clips, but they do not readily strip the ammo into the magazine for me. Maybe I am not using good technique or something. I would sure appreciate some advice in this area. I love the 303 Brit SMLE! I have one from WWI with bayonet and it shoots great with both cast and jacketed bullets. I agree with some experts I have read and think the Brit SMLE was the best rifle on the battlefield of WWI. With a ten round capacity and buttery smooth bolt, this great and reliable rifle was quite formidible!

Try this site mate,it shows how to load them properly and how to use the stripper clips.:p
http://enfieldrifles.profusehost.net/ti20.htm

richbug
09-21-2009, 06:27 PM
Sweet. For some reason I thought they were in short supply in the US. Maybe the jacked up prices on Ebay caused me to think that. I use them a lot at the service rifle shoots we have where speed is the essence.

The jacked up prices for clips on Ebay are amazing. $1+ for 8mm Mauser clips, $3 for Springfield clips... Just nuts

I too have a good supply than came with ammo.

nelsonted1
09-22-2009, 01:18 AM
Let us know what comes of this. I shoot speed matches where I need clips or mag changes. I've never used an enfield only because I've never had a better rifle than my 03a3 but the barrel is now shot out.