PDA

View Full Version : Marlin 94 carrier jammed

crabo
09-18-2009, 10:03 PM
Last night my carrier on my 94 357 jammed in the up position, and would not allow the lever to close. I have not taken it apart yet, but has anyone had this happen or know what might have caused it?

dgslyr
09-18-2009, 11:55 PM
If there aren't any cartridges in it,the loading gate screw may be loose.If there are,ones under the carrier.Some times you can push the cartridge back in the magazine with a small screw driver.

MtGun44
09-19-2009, 12:37 AM
It sounds like a cartridge popped out of the magazine at the wrong time and is UNDER
rather than ON TOP OF the cartridge lifter. Tricky to worry it back into the mag. If you
pull the front plug and spring and follower, it should be easier.

Bill

crabo
09-19-2009, 01:02 AM
It sounds like a cartridge popped out of the magazine at the wrong time and is UNDER
rather than ON TOP OF the cartridge lifter. Tricky to worry it back into the mag. If you
pull the front plug and spring and follower, it should be easier.

Bill

That might be it. I was shooting off bags in a fairly confined space and working the lever was a pain with the front bag slid close to the lever. I'll check it out tomorrow.

dubber123
09-19-2009, 07:04 AM
In the gunsmithing section, there is a post on Marlin triggers. It will show you how to disassemble the gun if you need to. It's even a 1894 in 357....

jar-wv
09-19-2009, 06:51 PM
Check out this site. http://marauder.homestead.com/files/Marlin94Fix.html Your rifle may be suffering from the dreaded Marlinitis.

jar

StarMetal
09-19-2009, 06:56 PM
I would be careful what I used to try push the cartridge back into the magazine. Doesn't take much to fire off a primer. I believe if I were to use that method I'd use a stiff plastic tool. Mt has a good idea to take the magazine tube plug off and release all the spring pressure.

Joe

crabo
09-19-2009, 09:45 PM
I am kinda ashamed to say what the problem was, but here goes,

My name is Craig and I left a high primer.

I am really glad that I did not try to muscle the carrier back down. I just cased the gun and put it up. The primer was sticking out far enough that when I ejected the empty, the carrier could not come down because the primer had not been seated well.

Another reason to look at your reloaded ammo better.

Chuck 100 yd
09-20-2009, 11:09 AM
AH!!! The dreaded Marlin high primer jam!!! I would sue their socks off !!!!!!!

pietro
09-20-2009, 11:14 AM
AHA ! Self-inflicteditis, instead of Marlinitis. ;) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

crabo
09-20-2009, 02:33 PM
AHA ! Self-inflicteditis, instead of Marlinitis. ;) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It was time to do a thorough cleaning anyway, so no harm, no foul, and a good lesson learned. I had a couple of revolvers that needed cleaning also, so that is this afternoon's job...after the Sunday afternoon nap.

wisconsin
09-22-2009, 08:29 AM
i see you got the problem solved . my 94 marlin jammed all the time i finally took it to thegunsmith and he said it was the bullet stop im picking it up on friday. also a good dvd on the marlin is the complete marlin rifle with larry crow