PDA

View Full Version : .338mx scout mount

thor32382
09-18-2009, 10:01 PM
Hey guys just a quick question. I was wondering if anyone has mounted a xs scount mount on the new .338mx? I bought the 1895 model and it doesn't fit(too long). I was wondering if anyone has one mounted on a 336, and if you do, if you could send me the dimensions. I really don't want to order one only to be disappointed again. Thanks for you help everyone.

thor32382
09-18-2009, 10:02 PM
Ok so it was more like three questions.

Pepe Ray
09-19-2009, 12:39 PM
Hi Thor;
I haven't seen that model yet but was under the impression that the action was a standard 336 type. If so, it wouldn't be any different than a multitude of Scouts already assembled.
That 33 lever gun is an intriguing item altho I wouldn't be putting that expensive ammo thru it.
Did you make the Bangor Gun Show?
Pepe Ray

thor32382
09-19-2009, 01:22 PM
Thanks Pepe, I couldn't remember if it was based on the 1895 or 336. I know the ammo is expensive but, it was a deployment present to me and I couldn't help but want something new and different. I was the first person to get one up here and it was the first one that the shop in Medway had sold. I've only run a half a box through it. As for the Bangor Gun Show, no I didn't make I was working in Mass that weekend and was disappointed I couldn't go(my wife wasn't though). I'm going to give XS a line monday and see what they say but, thats alot of patience I have to build up.

pietro
09-20-2009, 11:20 AM
Thor - In what way is your XS LeverScout mount too long ?

I know there are TWO different lengths LeverScout mount bases now made - the original shortie, whose rear anchored in the two front scope mount holes; and now the long base whose rear extends all the way to the rear of the action at the rear scope mount holes, so an XS peep can be mounted at the rear at the same time as a scout scope, with the scope QD'd for peep use.

Both are anchored at the front in an adaptor that goes into the rear barrel sight dovetail slot.

thor32382
09-20-2009, 08:27 PM
I suppose I could've worded that better. I have the short mount that bolts from the front two holes on the reciever to the old rear sight. Now, from the old rear sight hole on the mount is too far ahead to mount to the old rear sight by about an inch. I don't even know if that is how I want to say it.

Ok, if looking at the top of the reciever and you set the mount in its spot. The screws on the reciever line up fine but the screw hole for the dovetail is about an inch farther up the barrel than the actual dovetail. I think that says it best.