PDA

View Full Version : I Need Buckshot

roadwarrior307
09-17-2009, 12:36 PM
I need "0" buckshot, does anyone know where I can get it cheap?

carpetman
09-17-2009, 12:48 PM
There is a woman named Donna out in California that would probably sell you a buckshot---very cheap.

Storydude
09-17-2009, 01:30 PM
Define cheap?

krag35
09-17-2009, 02:11 PM
There is a woman named Donna out in California that would probably sell you a buckshot---very cheap.

Good one Ray

The cheapest way I have found to get buckshot is a cheap Lee RB mold and a lot of time casting. I wish someone would make a 6 + cavity RB mold. I missed out on the last group buy.

carpetman
09-17-2009, 04:05 PM
Storydude--With a little--make that very little haggling she'd probably pay you to haul it off---NO RETURNS ALLOWED.

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
09-17-2009, 04:56 PM
I have buckshot that is right in between #1 and 0 buck if you are interested (I think they are around 43-45 grn each, ~.310"...have to check its been a while!). 12 (3x4 high) fit in a winaa12r wad REAL nice. Let me know!

masscaster
09-17-2009, 05:09 PM
Hi roadwarroir307,
Check out my Vendor Sponsor Site, we cast .319 RB (0 Buck), and always have some on hand.
Seems the above folks don't think of us much, lol!
Jeff @ Forefather's Casting

tommygirlMT
09-17-2009, 06:01 PM
Well, if you end up buying commercially produced buck-shot I would strongly suggest that you check out "Remington Feild Grade Buckshot" this stuff comes in 25-lb bags just like bird-shot and for about the same price. You don't get overcharged just because it's a large shot size like most companies try to do to you. I'm sure other companies sell this stuff but here is a link to some at Precision Reloading --- they are good to do business with:

http://www.precisionreloading.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=PRE&Category_Code=BUCKSHOT

Scroll down towards the bottom of the page --- the overpriced Hornady stiff is listed first (alphabetical listing --- H comes before R)

carpetman
09-18-2009, 12:18 AM
I owe an unamed member here an apology. I got a PM wanting Donnas contact information. Those that didnt get the joke, our moderator Buckshot wife is Donna. He would have been really mad if he showed up wanting buckshot and got Rick.

shotman
09-18-2009, 12:26 AM
carpetman he hasnt been on here long enough to know rick

carpetman
09-18-2009, 12:45 AM
Shotman---I gathered that he hadn't been here long enough to know Donna--never gave that a thought when I posted. But he is unnamed it isn't who you might think.

jpatm2
09-18-2009, 06:20 AM
I bought a "OO" mold 20 cavity on ebay from a skiesunlimited for $34.95 plus shipping. I wish I could tell you how well it works, but I had it shipped to Missouri because I am in Korea. In 1+ years, I might be able to do a review, but not for now. I can tell you the shipping was quick and the seller was pretty good to deal with. There is not a sprue plate, so you will have to clip the sprues manually, but I am willing to deal with that.
http://shop.ebay.com/skiesunlimited/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=
Hope this helps.
Jeremy

jpatm2
09-18-2009, 06:47 AM
Forgot to mention, he had from #4 Buck to OOOO Buck.

diehard
09-18-2009, 04:47 PM
I bought a "blemished" "00"mold from skiesunlimited on GunBroker for $24.95. The blemishes are only on the outside and are purely cosmetic. The mold drops 20 PERFECT .330" roundballs using plumbers pipe--all attached to a sprue. With WW some of the balls don't fill out completley, but that is more than likely due to my pouring technique than anything to do with the mold. I cut the sprues off with a side nipper and put them in a coffee can taped up with duct tape and let them roll around the back of my truck for a week to smooth off any remaining sprue. While that technique seems to work, its not really necesssary since every round I've tried with the sprue nubs on has patterned nicely.

+1 for the skiesunlimited mold.

BTW...jpatm2, I'm assuming you are in the service. Thank you for all you do.

jpatm2
09-19-2009, 06:36 AM
No problemo!

Nate1778
09-21-2009, 08:40 AM
Another thumbs up to the Skiesunlimited mold. I use 50/50 and can get perfect balls in all cavities. It does take quite a bit of heat in the mold to do so. You have to have a good set of gloves, cause the temp for good fill out gets the handles pretty hot. You can crank out Buckshot very quickly though with one. Here is a link to one of his expired auctions, should be able to find active ones from that. I find the best way is to get an e-mail alert when one gets listed, they don't last long.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320422492803&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AMOTORS%3A1123

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
09-24-2009, 03:21 PM
This is the one I have and found it to work well. Again, no sprue plate, but the rb's twist off very easily with a set of pliers. It makes great 12 and 6 pellet loads in 12 ga 2 3/4". For the 6 ball loads, you have to cut the petals off the wad. As stated above, with these types of molds, gloves are a must (as they should be with any type of casting) because the wood handles get HOT! This mold works best when it is really hot. All you need is a little anti-sieve lubricant on the hinge and it works like a dream. This mold gives you a little variety with the 2 sizes in one (in between #1 and 0 & between 000 and 0000 buck) Good luck!

Here is a link to the page (Item #1152): http://www.do-itmolds.com/prodmolds.aspx?c=88