PDA

View Full Version : But Sue i couldn't help myself

kbstenberg
09-15-2009, 07:38 PM
WELL I FINALLY DID IT. I had ordered a Ruger Redhawk last April. The dealer couldn't find a new one for me. Well i have been waiting since then for him to find one. I just couldn't wait any longer. Its getting close to Deer season an i couldn't get loads ready (being new to casting) for hunting.
I called him up today, said i couldn't wait any longer. Went directly to Gunbroker.Com within an hour an a half later i had bought a gun.
I'm still nervous buying over the comp. though.
Kevin

lathesmith
09-15-2009, 09:08 PM
Kevin, as long as you are dealing with a reputable seller, I don't think you have any real cause for worry. Feedback is everything...there are lots of reputable sellers on Gunbroker, and some people to avoid too. Though I haven't purchased any firearms there, I've bought and sold some other stuff, all without incident. Hopefully, you will be able to enjoy your new toy in another several days.
lathesmith

odis
09-15-2009, 10:56 PM
WELL I FINALLY DID IT. I had ordered a Ruger Redhawk last April. The dealer couldn't find a new one for me. Well i have been waiting since then for him to find one. I just couldn't wait any longer. Its getting close to Deer season an i couldn't get loads ready (being new to casting) for hunting.
I called him up today, said i couldn't wait any longer. Went directly to Gunbroker.Com within an hour an a half later i had bought a gun.
I'm still nervous buying over the comp. though.
KevinCongrats, whats the barrel length and when does it arrive? odis

bisleyfan41
09-16-2009, 09:21 AM
Good for you! I'm glad you made your move. I know it's hard to do when you've gone thru your dealer, but I don't think he was in any rush to get you one.

Most on GunBroker are above the board and are a pleasure to deal with. Most go out of their way to make the transaction smooth and easy. Congrats on your new gun and I hope you find your perfect load in time for this season. Good luck.

leftiye
09-16-2009, 01:34 PM
Not about gunbroker, but there may be a nutcase seller or two on there. I bought a RSBH .44 mag. 10" there last friday, The seller sent it to Minnesota. I don't even know where that is! I'm in Utah. Oh well.... (I'm gonna cry) I've already got decelerators for it and no gun.