PDA

View Full Version : my square deal

odis
09-15-2009, 01:07 PM
I just called Dillon about the status of my square deal I sent in two weeks ago. I bought this back in the mid 80's and have produced alot of ammo with it. A month ago the round boss on the frame that the arm linkage attaches broke off and when I contacted customer service about it they said to ship it with everything minus primers and powder. It should be here tomorrow and the man said that they had to replace bearings ( didn't know it had any) and the powder measure? I've never had any problem with the powder measure before. Any way it sounds almost like their just sending me a new press. Can't wait to start reloading again their customer service is other worldly. odis

Johnch
09-15-2009, 11:23 PM
LOL
I just broke my SD handle

While talking to them today
They ask if I had up graded the press with this or that part ?
I said no , never had a lick of problems up to breaking the handle

So I guess Not only are they sending me a handle
But all the SD2 or B upgrade parts

And all for free

And I bought the press , used at a yard sale

JOhn

truckmsl
09-16-2009, 12:21 AM
I've pushed over 50k through my square deal and it's still going strong. I had the powder bar linkage upgrade but changed back to the old two-spring set up. The up-grade was a lot jerkier and was not an improvement, in my opinion. I think it was a lawyer type change to prevent double charges, but double charges are next to impossible on a square deal anyway.

odis
09-16-2009, 09:35 AM
I've pushed over 50k through my square deal and it's still going strong. I had the powder bar linkage upgrade but changed back to the old two-spring set up. The up-grade was a lot jerkier and was not an improvement, in my opinion. I think it was a lawyer type change to prevent double charges, but double charges are next to impossible on a square deal anyway.That must be what they did to my powder measure. The guy on the phone just read off the work done on the invoice and didn't know the particulars. I had switched over to the blue plastic spacers for the tool heads about 20 yrs. ago and never had a problem since. All in all being a customer of Dillon has been a smiler.

kostner
09-20-2009, 11:03 PM
[QUOTE=johnch;666011]LOL
I just broke my SD handle

While talking to them today
They ask if I had up graded the press with this or that part ?
I said no , never had a lick of problems up to breaking the handle

So I guess Not only are they sending me a handle
But all the SD2 or B upgrade parts

And all for free

And I bought the press , used at a yard sale

JOhn[/QUTE]
I have two SD's and have also broken one arm but a replacement was sent. Started to get high primers and on closer inspection notice a crack in the arm.

imashooter2
09-20-2009, 11:48 PM
They'll send you anything except the frame proper. They want you to ship it back for that. I guess it's so you can't order a free press a piece at a time.