PDA

View Full Version : First try!

hydraulic
04-13-2006, 10:17 PM
OK! Following Buckshot's instructions, I'm going to try to post a picture.

hydraulic
04-13-2006, 10:17 PM
Didn't work!

454PB
04-13-2006, 10:20 PM
Yeah we see that.......or not.

Make sure you've got the [IMG] at each end of the URL.

Buckshot
04-15-2006, 07:04 AM
.............Try again! Is it on the net or your 'puter?

..............Buckshot

hydraulic
04-15-2006, 07:26 PM
Everything works until I get to "my pictures" file. I have Kodac easy share and managed to get the photo from there into "my pictures", but at that point there is no command such as "upload" or "post picture" or anything else that I can see would have anything to do with moving the picture. I'll keep reading the manual.

D.Mack
04-15-2006, 08:19 PM
I'm having similar problem, I got it to upload, but file size is probably too large, and I can't figure out how to reduce it . DM

imashooter2
04-15-2006, 08:35 PM
I'm having similar problem, I got it to upload, but file size is probably too large, and I can't figure out how to reduce it . DM

Here you go...

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

KYCaster
04-15-2006, 09:23 PM
Hydraulic: I also have Kodak Easyshare and I've found that it's anything but easy. There's not very much you can do with it other than download pix from the camera.

I've had best results with gif and tif files and easyshare doesn't support these unless you tell it to. Click on TOOLS, PREFERENCES then FILE ASSOCIATION and put a check in all the available boxes.

Then try saving your pic in gif format. When you get that done, open another photo program ( I have MS Photodraw ), import your pic from Easyshare and work with it from there.

I know that sounds like a lot of work, but there's no way to post the pix directly from Easyshare. I spent a couple hours with Kodak tech support trying to do it and they finely told me it can't be done with their software.

Hope this helps.

Jerry

454PB
04-15-2006, 09:32 PM
Here is the handiest image programs I've found. Small, and best part...FREE!

http://www.irfanview.com/

bisley45
04-15-2006, 10:32 PM
got to www.photobucket.com and get to posting them pixs man easy as pie if I can do it anybody can
I not a smart man
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/lisa1lacy2/funny%20stuff/googoo.gif

hydraulic
04-17-2006, 10:19 AM
bisley45:

That's easy? I have no idea what their talking about! I did finally find out what an URL is. I sat on the throne all morning reading the instruction book from Kodac and 90% of that is greek. Well, there goes another investment in computer stuff. Paid $45 for that WWII game and my Dell can't run it. $150 for a camera that can't post pictures. If it wasn't for CastBoolits, CMP and CSP I'd throw this damned thing in the weeds.

Scrounger
04-17-2006, 10:44 AM
Didn't work!

I don't see how it could be any simpler than this. Only problem might be if the photo is too big. And I guarantee you there is software with the camera and/or the computer to reduce it in size if need be. All else fails, have one of the neighborhood kids do it for you. Here are posting instructions as easy as I can make them:

Posting Photos From Your Hard Drive

This is the easy way to post photos from your Hard Drive. You are in Cast Boolits; you want to post a photo. Start a new topic if you like or simply click on 'Reply' to whatever topic you are discussing. Type in whatever explanation or discussion you want to post in the usual dialog box. then scroll down lower on the page to a section labeled "Manage Attachments", Click on it. A box will drop down. In the box click "Browse"; that will open up your photos from your hard drive. Select the one you want and left click on it. Your photos will go away and the previous screen will reappear, the one with 'Browse' on it. It also has 'Upload' on it which you will now left click. Watch the filler bar at the bottom of that screen until your photo is finished uploading. It is automatically coded into the post you are preparing to make. You are now back to the page where you typed your message. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click 'Submit' as you usually do. It is done. It takes a lot longer to type this or to read it than the actual posting takes. Sorry I couldn't make it seem easier.

454PB
04-17-2006, 11:21 AM
Hydraulic:
Don't let this techno stuff get to you. My daughter used to use the Kodak image software, and to be generous, it's not user friendly. I'd suggest you simplify things by moving the pictures you want to post outside of the Kodak program. Make a new folder on your desktop and call it "Cast pictures" or something similar. Open the Kodak program and pull up the picture, right click in the middle of the picture, then click "copy". Now right click the "cast pictures" folder and click "Paste". Another way to do it is to open the Kodak program and just drag the picture from it and drop it in the folder.

Or....just email the pictures to me and I'll post them for you! My email is:

eddard49@hotmail.com

hydraulic
04-17-2006, 08:59 PM
I shall endeavor to persevere!

Buckshot
04-17-2006, 09:38 PM
I shall endeavor to persevere!

Yeah man, hang tough!

...............Buckshot

hydraulic
04-19-2006, 09:03 AM
Just about got there!!!!!!!!!! I put my picture on a floppy and got it into the manage screen but a message came up that it had too many bytes. Any idea what a byte is and why I have too many?

454PB
04-19-2006, 11:15 AM
Are you sure it didn't say "pixels"? Your picture is probably too big. You can resize it on line, or use Irfanview and do it on your computer. To do it on line go here:

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

Bucks Owin
04-19-2006, 12:14 PM
got to www.photobucket.com and get to posting them pixs man easy as pie if I can do it anybody can
I not a smart man

That's who I use too, and like you, I'm no genius with computer stuff...

Dennis :Fire:

hydraulic
04-30-2006, 05:11 PM
Another try.

AkMike
04-30-2006, 08:24 PM
If you guys want THE easiest fastest bestwy toreduce pic sizes and you run windows XP try this. It's great for emails.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

It savestheorigional and makes a smaller copy either in a predetermined size or you can make your own size.
You'll still have to host it from somewhere for this site though.