PDA

View Full Version : 50th Anniv. Blackhawk Flattop 44 Mag.

MakeMineA10mm
09-10-2009, 11:31 PM
Well, I'm getting ready to pack up my Anniv. Flattop to send back to Ruger to have them turn the barrel ever so slightly farther into the frame, so my rear sight doesn't have to be waaaaaay over hanging off the right edge of the frame. :oops:

And, in the mean time, I've been thinking about some mods for this pistol. I've been lurking some over at ruger-forums. (Yes, I saw a bunch of you guys' user names logged in over there too! [smilie=l: )

Also, I got to handle my dealer's personal set of SASS New Vaqs., and I must say I love that Montado hammer... Their only in stainless, but I think that wouldn't be too different or odd of a look on the blued 50th Anniv. What do you guys think? (I know I could use a SuperBH hammer, but I prefer the checkered w/ border pattern to the side-to-side serrations of the Super.

I'm also considering switching over to the Bisley grip frame and trigger. In my reading here and at ruger-forums, I've gotten a lot of insight about this, but I still have a couple unanswered questions I hope youse guys can help with:

1. Can someone find or take a pic of the "ugly" gap that is left when one installs a Super (or Montado) hammer with a Bisley grip frame?

2. Does anyone know if there's an interface problem between a Bisley trigger with a Super/Montado hammer?

Everything else about this I've pretty much gotten answered. Just these two questions left... Yes, I know I could join over there. Probably will. But most of the guys over there are over here anyway, so...

jh45gun
09-11-2009, 12:54 AM
No comment :)

jack19512
09-11-2009, 04:40 AM
Well, I'm getting ready to pack up my Anniv. Flattop to send back to Ruger to have them turn the barrel ever so slightly farther into the frame, so my rear sight doesn't have to be waaaaaay over hanging off the right edge of the frame. :oops:

Just curious, why have you waited so long to send it back? Seems like it's been a long time ago since I had to send mine back and I remember you commenting about yours having the same problem mine had. Hope it doesn't take you as long as it took to get my last one back.

leftiye
09-11-2009, 02:01 PM
As for your questions about exchanging parts - maybe Ruger might help you out on those. The techs. at Brownell's are all gunsmiths, and may also have some answers.

MakeMineA10mm
09-11-2009, 05:15 PM
Just curious, why have you waited so long to send it back? Seems like it's been a long time ago since I had to send mine back and I remember you commenting about yours having the same problem mine had. Hope it doesn't take you as long as it took to get my last one back.

Been shootin' it! :mrgreen: Didn't want to send it back while the weather has been so nice all summer... Not using it for hunting season this year, so it can go back when it's cold out... (When I said "just packin' it up," I meant in the next couple months.)

softpoint
09-11-2009, 11:31 PM
I made a set of V blocks with mudflap rubber in them to clamp in a vise to turn my Ruger barrels. If you know a local gunsmith , he may tweak your barrel for less than the shipping back to Ruger. , and you won't have to wait to get it back.:smile:
Several years ago, I'd have sworn everyone that Ruger hired to install their single action barrels was cross-eyed!