PDA

View Full Version : range time with round ball loads= fun

RU shooter
09-09-2009, 05:49 PM
I tried some RB's in my 44 spl. for the first time this weeked and have to say I was pleasantly impressed with the accuracy. The ball were just rolled in JPW and loaded over 2.5 grs of bullseye vel. in the 500+ fps range in my Taurus 3'' I had to raise the rear sight 15 clicks up though.Accuracy was great at 15 yds I was getting about baseball size groups or smaller shooting OH which is only slighty more than what most loads shoot for me.These RB loads are great fun with ZERO recoil I was able to shoot abunch of rds before I started getting shakey hands from some nerve damage issues in my wrist which nomally happens after about 15 rds of normal loads. I think these are going to be my most favored loads in the future.

Tim

Shiloh
09-09-2009, 09:17 PM
Done it with 3.5 grains of Bullseye with a .311 lead ball in .30-06. Good to 25+ yards.
With the cost and availability Of primers, I don't shoot 'em any more.

Shiloh

mooman76
09-09-2009, 10:20 PM
I tried some in my Nagant pistol and couldn't get good groups at all. I couldn't get good groups with regular bullets either but was hoping that RBs would at least get me some plinking groups. I mean who cares if a RB tumbles and if it does it should shoot fairly good because it's round and at 15yards. I was on paper but not very good. I was just hoping to get a gun to shoot that I couldn't get to shoot kind of like a quest.

HammerMTB
09-10-2009, 09:44 AM
I've done this with a .243 with #4 buckshot, too. Fun load and good in the yard for squirrels and varmints.

GP100man
09-10-2009, 09:50 AM
rb can be very useful for quite pest control & allllooootttt of fun!!!!!
i use em to dispatch trash can raiders .