PDA

View Full Version : Got my 1895 LTD V today

Dogg
09-09-2009, 03:32 PM
My Marlin 1895 LTD V came in today. Looks pretty good, did notice that the previous owner had drilled through the bullseye to put a sling swivel stud though.
Anyone know if it is possible to get a bullseye to put there after filling the hole?
One small mark where the sling swivel pressed against the stock which I will try to steam and see if it can be raised. Came with a 1895 ladder rear sight which I am not sure about. Otherwise it looks like it was hardly ever used.

Guess if I am ever able to get some 45/70 brass and bullets and dies I will see if it shoots. Don't plan on shooting jbullets so will have to wait. Waiting can sometimes be a pain.....

BABore
09-09-2009, 03:35 PM
My Marlin 1895 LTD V came in today. Looks pretty good, did notice that the previous owner had drilled through the bullseye to put a sling swivel stud though.
Anyone know if it is possible to get a bullseye to put there after filling the hole?
One small mark where the sling swivel pressed against the stock which I will try to steam and see if it can be raised. Came with a 1895 ladder rear sight which I am not sure about. Otherwise it looks like it was hardly ever used.

Guess if I am ever able to get some 45/70 brass and bullets and dies I will see if it shoots. Don't plan on shooting jbullets so will have to wait. Waiting can sometimes be a pain.....

They're a couple bucks at Brownells.

pietro
09-10-2009, 07:54 AM
Marlin customer service has sent me them in the past, gratis, when I told them a bulls-eye had fallen out & gotten lost (the truth - since their not glued-in at the factory).

Any replacment will have to be fitted to the curvature of the stock.

Dogg
09-10-2009, 08:48 AM
Thanks BABore and Pietro. I will get one, and see what I can do.

I have another question: on the bolt, approximately 1" from the rear and on top there seems to be a high spot. When opening and closing it actually hangs on this spot which as about 1/2" long. Is this something on a marlin 1895 that is supposed to be there or do I need to see if I can work it down. After looking over the gun I would say this thing has never been fired or if it has veryyyy few times. There are no wear marks anywhere on the action or lever and the barrel is pristine clean. I worked the action several 100 times last night to see where there is any rubbing. The trigger is real nice and I am real surprised at how light it is compared to my Hartford 92s. Speaking of which I am getting 2 stainless 24" 92s in 45 colt. EMF does not have anymore stainless according to their web site.
Decided that with the way the govt is printing money the value of the $ is going to drop significantly so might as well buy now and have something of value instead of worthless paper.

pietro
09-11-2009, 10:41 AM
Rossi, now owned by Taurus, has added 34 different Model 92's their website as of last week (listed as "new") - some of which appear to be stainless IIRC.

Earlier this Summer, Rossi had removed ALL leverguns from their website - with their various outlets announcing that once the present stock was sold, there would be no more available.

IMHO, an excellent plan for emptying their warehouses/pipeline of NOS.