PDA

View Full Version : New RCBS mould

alohaha
04-19-2005, 01:46 PM
Just received the first RCBS mould I ever bought, a 7mm, 145 Sil, and was
appalled at the machine work on the outside of the mould. It looks like some
one cut the blocks in a chop saw with a concrete blade. Are all their moulds
similar to this one? It appears I may have to take this one to a machinist and
have him clean up the top of the mould if it leads between the sprue plate, which it appears it might. I drug out all my moulds,(Lyman,Saeco,LBT) and the
finish on these are light years ahead of this RCBS. Was wondering if anyone has had any problems with these moulds.

Kent

Maineboy
04-19-2005, 02:00 PM
Just received the first RCBS mould I ever bought, a 7mm, 145 Sil, and was
appalled at the machine work on the outside of the mould. It looks like some
one cut the blocks in a chop saw with a concrete blade. Are all their moulds
similar to this one? It appears I may have to take this one to a machinist and
have him clean up the top of the mould if it leads between the sprue plate, which it appears it might. I drug out all my moulds,(Lyman,Saeco,LBT) and the
finish on these are light years ahead of this RCBS. Was wondering if anyone has had any problems with these moulds.

Kent

I have 3 RCBS moulds, a 44 240 grain plain base that works very well and 2 in 30 caliber, an old style 30-180-SP and a 30-180-FN that drop nice boolits, but with too large, for my taste, gas check shanks. It can be a real struggle to put checks on them before sizing. Fit and finish of all 3 is first rate though.

RCBS has a lifetime warranty, just send the blocks back.

StarMetal
04-19-2005, 03:43 PM
Kent

If it's that bad why not call RCBS? They'll listen and make it right.

Mine aren't like that at all.

Joe

Maven
04-19-2005, 07:36 PM
Kent, Joe's (Starmetal) 100% correct: Return it to RCBS.

jwlegal
03-03-2019, 12:20 AM
I've never had RCBS question anything. I tell them the problem and they either send me what I need or have me send the item to them to make it right. In my opinion they have an awesome customer service. Agree with those above. Contact RCBS either by phone or by e-mail and I'll bet they get you a nice mold in no time.

jwlegal
03-03-2019, 12:22 AM
Didn't have my glasses on. That post was from 2005, sorry.