PDA

View Full Version : Am I hooked?

odinohi
09-08-2009, 04:13 AM
I recently scavaged about 600lbs of radiator solder scrap. I am in the process of having a 12" smelting pot made that will have a bottom pour. Right now I have a little 8" cast pot that my brother used to make sinkers with.
Trying to get ahead of the game a little, yesterday I started melting some of it in this little pot. Right now all I'm doing is melting, getting it all stirred up and letting freeze. Then I just dump it out, blow off the dirt and sand and put it away until I get my big pot built. Then I will melt, flux and ingotize. Now I have a 9,13,14 lbers and at 3:30 this morning I started another batch cooking.
I also melted some pewter into some nice little sinkers over the weekend. The wife says I'm hooked.
Tom

Wayne Smith
09-08-2009, 03:08 PM
I would say that doing it at 3:30AM is probably adequate to qualify as addicted, unless, of course, you work at night!

Everything else you've described would be normal for us!!

We are, though, already addicted.

Stick_man
09-08-2009, 03:29 PM
Sounds to me like your wife might be a little bit bitter about you casting at 3:30am. Invite her to join you next time and she'll be hooked as well.

Yep, I'd say you are at least hooked if not totally addicted.

Lots of worse things to be hooked on though.

Happy casting![smilie=6:

badgeredd
09-08-2009, 08:42 PM
I'd be inclined to think that if you ask, you know the answer.:bigsmyl2:

My wife isn't hooked on my hobby, she just enables me. A good thing in my mind.

Edd :cbpour:

Stick_man
09-08-2009, 10:08 PM
Just depends on how you ask. ;-) Or maybe WHEN you ask. Although I have to admit that if I asked MY wife to join me in casting boolits at 3:30am, she would call my friend the Psychologist (only because she doesn't know any Psychiatrists) and get me an appointment right away. At least the friend would understand. He may even want to join in the fun. :rolleyes:

Sorry, OP. Yeah, I still think you are hooked.

runfiverun
09-09-2009, 12:27 AM
you found this website that should cover it right there.