PDA

View Full Version : fecker scope adjustment

jon skorepa
09-07-2009, 11:49 AM
pls. some one be so kind as to explain how to adjust a 12x fecker scope. i do not want to ndo damage to a nice old piece. tks. jon

jimofaz
09-07-2009, 01:43 PM
My Fecker's knurled focusing ring is located approx in the middle of the tube, or maybe slightly forward of center. I have not had it out in quite some time and CRS intervenes. Place the rifle snugly held on a set of sandbags. Slightly loosen (about a 1/2 turn) the set screw (or screws) on the focusing ring and slowly rotate it until the farthest target distance you will be shooting at becomes as sharply focused as possible. Lightly re-tighten the set screws to hold the focusing ring in position. Do not over-tighten. There is not enough thread contact here to any more than a gentle snugging up of the screws, i.e.; just enough to keep the ring from moving. Then loosen the rear eyepiece lock ling and screw the eyepiece in or out until the crosshairs appear to be at their sharpest point. If you wear shooting glasses, be sure to wear them during these adjustments. My Fecker 8X Small Game Scope does not have an adjustable objective lens up front. like my Lyman STS or the Unertl target scopes. YMMV. Hope this helps. Jim