PDA

View Full Version : Nuevo Swedish m/96 LER scope mount

Dutchman
09-05-2009, 08:31 PM
I just finished this last night for the m/96 Swedish Mauser.

I redesigned the method of anchoring so its now stronger and easier to mount. Its a drop in, no modification LER scope mount. Uses the ladder pin and one 8-40 screw. Yes, its extremely solid and plenty strong or I wouldn't be showing it.. or using it.

These are one piece steel and I finish them with Oxpho Blue from Brownell's.

I'm going to try and make 10 of these a day for a couple/few weeks as there's a good sized list of guys who want one, some going back quite a while and more than a few from this forum. Now that I've finished this first one things will start to move.

http://images52.fotki.com/v1563/photos/2/28344/6806565/DSCF9145tt-vi.jpg

http://images50.fotki.com/v395/photos/2/28344/6806565/DSCF9147tt-vi.jpg

This mount is about .030" taller than the early one. This is because it utilizes a sliding "top hat" anchor and I needed the height under the mount for that anchor.
This one is also about 3/8" longer than the ones I'll be making. I'm not sure but I think I may not be able to keep the 2nd cross-slot to the right of the anchor screw. I like having some degree of ring positioning options but this is a small mount and there's limited space.

http://images50.fotki.com/v1571/photos/2/28344/6806565/DSCF9198tt-vi.jpg

http://images50.fotki.com/v1569/photos/2/28344/6806565/DSCF9200tt-vi.jpg

Dutchman
09-05-2009, 08:34 PM
http://images50.fotki.com/v1572/photos/2/28344/6806565/DSCF9212cs-vi.jpg

The scope in front is a Tasco Custom Shop 7x32mm 30mm tube. Its a huge scope.
The one in back is the old Tasco 3x28 1" tube.

This mount will probably function much better with scopes that have longer eye relief, in the neighborhood of 16" to 20". This leaves out the NcStar scopes for just this mount only. I've had a NcStar on here but had to use extension rings to move the scope rearward enough for the limited eye relief. In doing so the scope had to be positioned higher and I hate high mounted scopes so I put the little Tasco back on.

http://images52.fotki.com/v1554/photos/2/28344/6806565/DSCF9219cs-vi.jpg

I hope to get to the range on monday to shoot this.

Dutch

Ivantherussian03
09-07-2009, 02:19 AM
U Sir have skills!!! Looks great!!:smile:

Dipperman
09-07-2009, 02:47 AM
Dutchman,

I am interested. How much?

Thank you,
Dipperman

Mallard57
09-07-2009, 11:40 AM
Hi,
I am interested.
Jeff

scrapcan
09-10-2009, 11:16 AM
Dutch,

As stated many moons ago in emails I am in for one when you get around to making them for the rest of us. Just let me know where and how you want payment. I responded to the email and cannot wait till I get to try a real mount on the M96. I wil have two b-squares to move to new homes.

Jeremy

Dutchman
09-11-2009, 04:40 AM
Soon, very soon. I'll keep track of youse who want one. I have to start doing batches of 10 first.

Dutch

Char-Gar
09-11-2009, 06:50 AM
Add my name to your list.

Charles Graff (Chargar)

ELFEGO BACA
09-15-2009, 08:38 AM
Add my name to your list.

Elfego

Three44s
09-17-2009, 12:34 AM
ME TOO!!!

Dutchman, I gotta say you are doing right fine work with those mounts ........

You are a credit to the shooting world and a treasure to this forum!!!

Regards

Three 44s

Dutchman
09-17-2009, 02:59 AM
I started a batch of 10 of these for the m/96.

What I'm doing right now is making a fixture to cut the Weaver dovetail on an angle plate that sits on the mill table. The fixture is a piece of 1" aluminum screwed to the cast iron angle plate that'll have a ledge for the steel insert to sit on and be clamped so the table can traverse under power and cut the two angles for the Weaver rings. For a simple fixture its taking a long time but once its done it'll stay on the mill table next to the vise and will provide a very fast way to mill the dovetail for the rings in a couple minutes. I indicated this angle table (4x5 inches) to .0005" or less and then re-checked the mill vise to .0005" or less. That took some time but its done.

I'd like to make 200 of these m/96 mounts so I don't have to come back (continually) and do another batch. I figure 200 will probably take a while to sell but I have quite a few other mounts I need to do including the Argentine 1891 rifle, 1908 Brazilian 7mm rifle, 1909 Argentine rifle, Gewehr 1898 8mm rifle. But the Swede mount is the one most requested so I'm trying to work out the sequence of milling operations to make it go fast(er). I envy those with CNC mills and CNC experience. But I'm also pretty content and grateful with the shop I have now.

Won't be long now.

Dutch

sav300
09-17-2009, 07:52 AM
Dutch,Hi. Will this mount fit a swede m38 6.5x55mm?
If so,how many usd? Thanks
Lionel

scrapcan
09-17-2009, 10:52 AM
SAV300,

I will try to help Dutch with an answer until he gets time to get back to you. The M38 has a different sight base than the M96 and as such it may not work. The M38 base is different. I think on Dutchman's website there is a good view of the M96. The M38 base you can see first hand or it can be seen at http://www.surplusrifle.com

If I remember correctly , which I did not a minute ago, the M38 has wings at the rear and the elevation adjusts in the opposite direction as to the M96.

If you have not seen his web page you will definitely find it interesting.

Here is a link

http://dutchman.rebooty.com/

Dutchman
09-17-2009, 04:26 PM
Correctomundo. The m/38 is a tangent (inclined plane) rear sight bed while the m/96 has steps. I'm only making LER mounts for rifles I have in my collection and I sold my primo Husqvarna m/38 a couple years ago.

Actually, its not just having a rifle in order to make the mount, if I have a barrel or barrel shank of a ratty barrel that still has a rear sight base I can make the mount. As such I'll be making at least one mount for an FN Colombian 98 action 7mm of which I have a pitted action.

Dutch

ebner glocken
09-17-2009, 09:28 PM
I really like the base, to say "I'm in" I would need a price first. Please PM me with one if you're not comfortable putting it in open forum.

Ebner

MtGun44
09-18-2009, 01:00 AM
Very nice work, sir.

Bill

UweJ
09-25-2009, 03:58 PM
I also have to say its a great piece of craftsmanship. IŽd also like to know how much it would cost and if you ship overseas. Thanks in advance.
Uwe

Dutchman
09-25-2009, 05:35 PM
I also have to say its a great piece of craftsmanship. IŽd also like to know how much it would cost and if you ship overseas. Thanks in advance.
Uwe

Not much. But why don't you wait and see what the reviews are. What I say and what another user may say could be diametrically opposed. I like my mounts but I'm biased.

Dutch

MtGun44
09-25-2009, 08:35 PM
Put me on the list when you decide on the price. I have a Swede that could benefit
from better sighting equipment, and the design and workmanship seem to be superb.

Bill

Idaho Sharpshooter
09-26-2009, 12:49 AM
I posted here awhile back wanting one when you got to running them. I will say it again, I want one!! Less concerned about price than quality and it looks pretty good.

Rich

scrapcan
09-30-2009, 11:20 AM
Dutch,

How are you doin on your mass production setup? I have feelers out for a m38 sight, we will see what comes about.
Jeremy

Dutchman
09-30-2009, 06:01 PM
Dutch,

How are you doin on your mass production setup? I have feelers out for a m38 sight, we will see what comes about.
Jeremy

I get distracted easily. I've been messing with the 1867 rolling block when I should be finishing up the mounts. I did order material for another couple dozen. I have a minor stumbling block that I'm getting past on my setup to cut the Weaver dovetail. I had to strengthen the setup as it moved and I ate 2 of the inserts. (didn't learn on the first one!).

I changed a little something and I think I'll be re-gaining the .030" height increase that I had on the one I made for my rifle at the beginning of this thread. This means that these mounts I'm doing now should be the same height as the original. Very very low.

Like a union shop, sometimes the management (that would be me) changes things for the workers (that would also be me) that causes friction on the job. This labor impasse should be resolved once Guido gets back from the corporate HQ where he went to break some legs and heads [smilie=1:.

I'd really like to get these first 8 out into youse guys hands to wring out and bring back some feedback... and if everything is cool the deluge will begin. I'm afraid I'll get snowed under but I should be able to do a couple hundred of these before demand trails off, which it will.

They're going to be $50 + $5 postage. I may be sorry for that but this isn't exactly a complicated piece of machining. I want happy shooters with these mounts and they'll be mo'happy with them at $50 than $75... plus it just isn't a $75 piece of machine work.

Dutch

Dutchman
09-30-2009, 06:08 PM
They're more like this one than the one at the beginning of this thread. But shorter. The insert is the same length as the rear sight. And one ring groove at each end. Its too short to have more than one groove.

Plus, the mount at the beginning of this thread used a 82 degree countersunk 8-40 screw on top. The ones I'm now doing are going to use a flathead 8-40 screw that has a shallower countersink. I have so little room to work with I had to do away with the countersink. To get the mount so low things have to be very close.

http://images30.fotki.com/v472/photos/2/28344/1676633/kk1-vi.jpg

Nazrat
10-03-2009, 05:40 PM
Bumping this by providing another "I want one" comment.

UweJ
10-04-2009, 12:56 PM
Please add my name to the list,my swede from 1909 a m96 would like one.
Uwe

mtgrs737
10-05-2009, 11:55 PM
Please add my name to your list of wanting one. PM me when one or two are available. Thanks!

Bret4207
10-06-2009, 08:32 AM
My 38 seems to have the same stepped sight base as pictured and a replacement screw adjustable height wheel. I want a mount too!

BTW- Love that Index mill. I know where one sits waiting for me. Only $$$ prevent me from owning it.

Dutchman
10-08-2009, 05:06 PM
My 38 seems to have the same stepped sight base as pictured and a replacement screw adjustable height wheel. I want a mount too!

BTW- Love that Index mill. I know where one sits waiting for me. Only $$$ prevent me from owning it.

The converted m/96 were fitted with the m/38 refined sight insert (with the wheel). The military version of the "micrometer" sight starts at 250 m. The civilian version starts at 100 m. Both are excellent sights. The exception to converted m/96 morphed into m/38 with the stepped rear sight base are those rifles converted at the Husqvarna factory. They can be found with the standard m/38 tangent rear sight. This is because the m/38 barrels were pre-fitted with that sight.

You should never let money stand in the way of true happiness (by owning a mill). If you have children - they can eat oatmeal for a couple months. If you have a spousal unit - she (or he) can wear the same old dress another month.

I sold GUNS to fund the purchase of both my new Birmingham 12x36 in 2005 and the new(er) vertical mill earlier this year. $4,000 the first time and $3,000 the second. Took the cream of my collection but most were safe queens anyway. I'm using the lathe & mill much more than I would have the guns. And I still have more than enough guns to play with.

My old Index Model 40H is now world famous :smile:. Scroll down the page.....

http://www.lathes.co.uk/blankbuxton/

Dutch - still trudging along practicing the "do everything wrong first" [in the machineshop] religion.

Bret4207
10-10-2009, 08:37 AM
6 of those "child/spousal units here. 9 if you count the oldest daughter, SIL and baby just down the road. The Index can be had for a grand and a half last I knew. That's what I payed for my last truck and the engine on my Toy is dying. Some things have to wait.......

BD
10-10-2009, 12:58 PM
I will also buy one of these mounts when thier ready.
BD

scrapcan
11-10-2009, 01:37 AM
Dutchman,

mount arrived last friday and I put it on the old girl. I had to do a bit of close tolerance fitting, it is a great mount. I had to fit the width and to bevel the bottom at the pin. It is very solid and secure mount. It also looks very nice.

I took some pictures of the rifle with the b-square and then with your mount. I have the old weaver shotgun scope on it, eye relief is to short. I hope to remedy that situation this week. Weaver scope rings fit nicely.

More to come.

Dutchman
11-10-2009, 03:48 AM
Tell you what I'm doing...

Of the 3 loose m/96 rear sight bases and 2 m/96 rifles... each of these LER mounts has to fit into 2 of them. I have one base that's the "go" that I use for a milling fixture. And one that's "no go". The others vary in how they accept either the mount between the ladder ears or the anchor. But I file-fit each one to at least 2 of the bases. That way they won't be too loose.

As an aside -- what would "too loose" mean? Not much. Once the pin is put in and the screw tightened down its not going anywhere. The tighter-rather-than-looser mindset is just caution on my part knowing that a feller putting one on his rifle would rather have to fine fit it than have it be goosey loosey.

You might open up the screw clearance hole to a #20 drill (?). Yours is the only one I didn't get to. Retrofit:). The clearance hole was too snug.I've since bought new counterbores, too, for the screw.

Remember.... I'd like a critical review. Good & bad... well, mostly bad as I already know the good.

I've had a couple/few long saved emails from guys wanting one of these mounts so a couple of the 14 have gone to them in the last couple days. Most of the remaining will go to a couple castbullet members in my saved email and those in this message thread. I'm emailing a couple at a time so I don't overextend. But I will make another 16 starting very soon.

http://dutchman.rebooty.com/ler.html

Dutch

scrapcan
11-11-2009, 01:03 AM
Dutch,

The only issue I had was that I had to clearance the front bottom what seemed like a lot to get the sight pin to go in. I slightly chamfered the pin hole on both side to help ease the pin in once it was aligned. Took a bit of filing but it is definitely worth the time. It is a solid mount.

I am currently looking at my options for a scope. I have also wondered about a good red dot or reflex sight on this mount. Time will tell.

Do you have any comments on a red dot or reflex sight?

More review once I get a scope to put on it.

Dutchman
11-11-2009, 04:02 AM
Dutch,

The only issue I had was that I had to clearance the front bottom what seemed like a lot to get the sight pin to go in. I slightly chamfered the pin hole on both side to help ease the pin in once it was aligned. Took a bit of filing but it is definitely worth the time. It is a solid mount.

I am currently looking at my options for a scope. I have also wondered about a good red dot or reflex sight on this mount. Time will tell.

Do you have any comments on a red dot or reflex sight?

More review once I get a scope to put on it.

I wonder if its the counter-bore hole on the bottom. The anchor should fit fully into that hole down to the shoulder. I found I had to drill some deeper. That may be what it is. That would result in the back end being very slightly higher than the front so the pin wouldn't go in easily. Since yours was the first to go out it may well be what the problem is. The rest of the mounts are being re-drilled for the screw clearance hole and that counterbore hole is being deepened slightly so the anchor sits down to the shoulder. Being higher in the back just means you have some built-in elevation. The amount was only .015"-.020".

I'm going to send you another mount. I'll sleep better :).

This is a good example of all the tiny details being ironed out. I caught the counterbore and screw clearance hole right after yours went out. The others I sent were corrected.

I've not used a red dot or reflex sight. I prefer optical magnification.

Dutch

scrapcan
11-12-2009, 02:40 AM
Dutch,

Do you need me to measure the mount I have for verification of your thoughts? No need to send me a new mount, the one I have is a sure fit. My minds eye tells me that the rear of the mount was flush with the sight base after installation and fitting. I am a few hundred miles form home at the moement so it will be a few days before I can check it out for you.

TNsailorman
11-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Dutchman, I have a Yugo 24/47 that is pristine and I would very much like to have a mount for it. If you decide in the future to make a mount for the 24/47, please keep me in mind. My rifle has the curved slopping base rails instead of stepped. My old eyes need a scope to be able to lob some motars downrange. James

Dutchman
11-14-2009, 06:41 AM
I'm doing mounts only for rifles I have and I don't have a Yugo 24/47 anymore or a Czech Vz24. It may well accommodate the same as the Brazilian 1908 mount but I don't know that as its not in my hands.

1891 Argentine rifle 7.65x53 (sample done)
1893 Mauser long rifle (South African-Chilean & Spanish) 7x57 (same as)
1895 Chilean rifle 7x57 (same as)
1896 Swedish rifle (stepped rear sight bases only) (several available)
Gewehr 1898 8x57 Mauser, Lange sight only (a bit more $) 8x57 (sample done)
1908 Brazilian rifle DWM only 7x57 (sample done)
1909 Argentine rifle DWM only 7.65x53 (sample done)
Czech-Persian 98/29 rifle 8x57 (high on the list)
Czech-Persian 98/22 rifle 8x57
Swedish m/1889 rolling block sporter 8x58RD (prototype done)

Planned
Portuguese m/1904/939 8x57 DWM conversions
Venezuelan FN m/24-30 short rifle 7x57 (have two rear sights)
Chilean m/1912 Steyr 7x57 & 7.62x51 Nato short rifle
Mauser 1871/84
German Commission Gewehr 1888

Its very easy to make ONE mount. Its much harder to make a dozen.

Interested in gathering complete rear sights with/without barrels, shot out/pitted ok. Exact model must be known. Used as milling machine fixtures and dimensional samples.

Dutch

scrapcan
11-18-2009, 05:30 PM
Dutchman,

Sorry about not getting this put up sooner, I was traveling for work last week. The second mount arrived last night and I have not had a chance to put it on. You did not have to send a second as the first is a wonderful mount. Both mounts are better than anything I have seen for our old milsurps. It is unbelieveable how low this scope sets compared to the b-square.

To others who have shown interest in this mount:

I can tell everyone that if you want a good scout mount for a 96 swede(that will not alter your rifle), this is the mount.

I had to do about 15 to 20 minutes of slow fitting (I went very slow not wanting to create a mess of a master piece that was delivered to me) and I have one very solid mount. It looks great and it is solid.

I was afraid to take too much off at a time on the front lower portion with the file as I was not sure how far to go. I could have done the entire bit in about 5 minutes, including mounting the scope.

5 cuts on each front side ear with a fine double cut file and clearance the lip at the front edge.

No work had to be done on the tophat anchor. silch zero nada.

attached are a couple pictures of the mount with a weaver K1 1958 to 1957 vintage scope on the rifle. The scope does not have enough eye relief (also did not have enough with the b-square) and will be replaced.

I think all of you with interest will be overwhelmed with the job that Dutchman did on this mount.

I will recommend Dutchman's mounts to anyone who thinks they want to scope a milsurp.

PS If anyone wants two (2) b-square mounts to fit a m96 I will sell or trade them. Just send me a pm.

scrapcan
11-18-2009, 05:36 PM
I forgot to mention that I will post pictures of the first mount so all can see it really was not much fitting I had to do. I really do not want to take it off as it is a great mount as is. Dutchman wanted me to try a different mount with a counterbored hole for the top hat.

In the closer picture you can see the left side of the front of the moutn where it was adjusted (very little) to fit between the ears. The other side looks just like it, very little taken off. the other area is just under the very front of the mount.

Dutch is top notch to deal with. He will not let me pay for the second mount and does not want me to return the first. That is service like we all want and rarely see.

One final note. this mount is built by one who uses it.

scrapcan
11-28-2009, 01:30 AM
Dutchman,

I fit the second mount this evening. I was pretty sure you could not improve the mount over the first one. I was wrong.

All I had to do was fit the width at the sight pin area. Filed from the measure 0.440 inches to 0.428 inches and slid tight fitting mount into place, drifted pin in, and tightened the tophat screw into the tophat. 10 minutes total fitting time. Nothing else had to be done.

Here are the measurements from the adjusted original mount.

width 0.428
Top hat height installed in sight base only not on rifle 0.572 ( versus 0.541 for first mount)

I have other measurements also but the two above tell the story I think. The new mount is improved and should be an easy fit for anyone with a fine cut file and some patience and eye to detail.

I hope to have a scope paid for and on it's way to me next week. The scope in the earlier picture has too short of eye relief even though it is a nice scope. I put it in the for sale section hoping it will go to a good home and be used.

keeper89
11-28-2009, 09:27 AM
Dutch, I am afraid I will have to bother you for one of these mounts. When YOU are ready, please pm me and I will xfer funds to you in whatever form you prefer. Thanks in advance,
Mike

scrapcan
11-28-2009, 06:24 PM
Dutchman,

Here are the two mounts compared. Your assessment of the counter bore being to short is the proper diagnosis. It still fit very nicely and may make for a way to build elevation into the mount:kidding:

One photo you might be able to see the tophat on both and the first mount where the shoulder does not contact. The second picture shows the initial fitting for the front toe of mount. Now that I have it off I will draw file it to a single plane and re blue. It is entirely usable and I would like to see for myself what effect it has on elevation.

The third picture shows the width adjustment on the first sight as a representation of how simple the mount is to fit. This is the only adjustment on the second mount.

Dutchman
11-29-2009, 07:34 AM
When you described it I knew exactly what it was as I have a notation on my webpage about just that thing, the pin not going in because the rear end was too high and how to adjust it by filing the front end. You're the only one, Jeremy, that had to deal with that.

A few have sold off my webpage. I think the remaining ones will be gone by next weekend. I have requests coming in for Chilean 1895 mounts almost as much as these.

I have to see if I can have one of these Swede mounts end up on a hunt in Alaska so I can get some cool photos for the webpage:).

Been too cold here to get to the range. I have a full day of load testing to do. I'm itching to get that done so I have some data and direction for some cast loads.

Dutch

scrapcan
11-29-2009, 02:47 PM
Dutch,

With any luck I will have some pictures of a mule deer next fall with this mount as part of the picture. If not it will be a boring old piece of paper shot ragged.

I have a hard time believing this is not a wanted item, as much interest as there was in the early stages. But if it is any solace the two b-square mounts I put up have had very little traffic if any and no bites even for trades.

atr
11-29-2009, 03:36 PM
Dutchman,,,
always a pleasure to read your posts, I have gained from your knowledge
and you machine some very nice LER bases...

Dutchman
11-30-2009, 01:40 AM
Dutchman,,,
always a pleasure to read your posts, I have gained from your knowledge
and you machine some very nice LER bases...

Thank you. Its been a very long process for such a little item but the refining process has taken a lot of time. Maybe shouldn't have taken as long as it has:). But its been very satisfying to design and make these different LER mounts. Tonight I spent 4 hours doing an altered design for the 91-93-95 Mausers. Its neat when it works out and neater when I actually like it. If I don't like it nobody else will like it and nobody else will ever have one.

Dutch

eka
12-06-2009, 02:30 PM
Dutch,

Outstanding work. I would love to buy one of your mounts for my M96 Swede. I'm a very patient person, so at your convenience will be just fine. I will send you the $55.00 when you give me the word. I am also sending you a PM.

Thanks,

Keith

Idaho Sharpshooter
12-08-2009, 02:38 AM
Nanner-Nanner-Nanner!!!

Mine came this afternoon. The mailman knew it was important, so he trudged thru 4" of fresh snow to hand deliver it. That and a book on powder horns by Grinslade.

Rich

Tomorrow we (it, the Swede and I) head to the gunsmiths for a consummation of the wedding.

scrapcan
12-08-2009, 12:33 PM
Idaho Sharpshooter,

How do you like Dutchman's mount? did you install it already?

I had a similar experience with the mailman. He managed to get the box with a scope in the mail box so I can actually put the mount to real use. I bought a burris LER 4x from a fellow member here and it has a very nice eye relief for this application. Now to get to the range.

Dutchman
12-08-2009, 05:24 PM
I'm holding 2 for incoming funds. That'll leave 2 left from the 12 or 14 I did. I started with 16 but a couple got scrapped.

I have to do at least 20 mounts for the 1891/1895 Mauser for guys waiting on them before I do anymore for the m/96. And I think I'm going to try and make the m/96 mount a little less "fitting required" by milling the width between the ladder ears closer than the first batch. Even if it drops right in with a tiny bit of play it does no harm as once the pin is in place the mount can't move. Its just the esoterica of having "play" that I don't like.

I hope those of you who have one of my mounts enjoy them as much as I have. My first m/96 mount was 10 years ago. The LER type scope takes a little getting use to but after this length of time its second nature anymore. I've even come to prefer the LER scope as it leaves the "action" clear of obstruction for function and ejection.

Give me a cheap thrill.... lay that rifle with my scope mount across the rack of your Bambi, elk or moose. I'll put on my dad's wooden shoes and klomp around the house.

Dutch <who hasn't forgotten the Persian mount>

ELFEGO BACA
06-13-2011, 09:46 AM
Any left for me?

elfego

Dutchman
06-13-2011, 02:27 PM
Yeah, I do have 50 almost done. Production has been interrupted numerous times for all manner of reasons (excuses). They will be finished as I won't waste the time I've put in them so far.

These fit only the m/96 stepped base, not the m/38 Husqvarna tangent base.

http://images17.fotki.com/v10/photos/2/28344/2479279/DSCF2603y-vi.jpg

http://images15.fotki.com/v245/photos/2/28344/2479279/DSCF2602y-vi.jpg

http://images58.fotki.com/v156/photos/2/28344/2479279/DSCF2601y-vi.jpg

http://images15.fotki.com/v230/photos/2/28344/2479279/DSCF2600y-vi.jpg

Pepe Ray
06-13-2011, 04:10 PM
Dutch, you have a P.M.
Pepe Ray

oscarflytyer
06-13-2011, 11:22 PM
Depending on cost, I would be very interested in one for a M96 at a minimum.

Also might be interested in ones for a 1909 Argie and a Yugo 8MM if you get one.

What about a Moison Nagant 91/30?

scrapcan
06-14-2011, 09:59 AM
You guys wil not regret buying a mount from Dutchman. He makes some very nice stuff.

Drygulch
07-23-2017, 06:18 PM
You do great work Dutchman! I really like that low profile. You did send me an EM along with how to purchase this mount, but I think it is another one. I have Both the M-96 Carl Gustav 1917 and M-38 Husky. When I find out which is more accurate, I can choose one of your mounts. I will go along with the AIM LER scope.

Dutchman
07-23-2017, 11:39 PM
Glad this thread came up tonight.

I recently crossed paths with this website: https://www.badacetactical.com/collections/ndt-mount-for-mausers/products/swedish-mauser-m96-ndt-no-drill-tap-scout-mount-low-profile

I wrote the owner and offered to review his mount considering its real close to what mine is..

Anyway, he sent me one of these and I'm satisfied with it so I can now recommend it over my older design. It is barely .100" taller but more importantly it is 1/2" to 3/4" further back towards the shooter's eye. Why this is important is because the NcStar 2-7x32 at 7x has only 8.7" eye relief. That puts the eye piece halfway into the loading port, as it were, so the mount is slightly improved over mine as it allows better ring and scope positioning.

Like I said, I have one of these in my possession.

http://media.fotki.com/1_p,rtgtqwbtfrwqstdxwfqbfsgtwfb,vi/brtgtfbtrxbrtwgbqddxbrrqtrsgk/2/28344/6806565/DSCF4427b-vi.jpg

http://media.fotki.com/1_p,rtgtqwbtfkgkwrsxwfqbfsgtwfb,vi/brtgtfbtrxbrdkksgswxbrtwgbqdd/2/28344/6806565/DSCF4430b-vi.jpg

I don't get any consideration for this but it will save me a lot of email.

Comes with wrench, thread-lock and color illustration.

Dutch - who was in the shop tonight working on the mount for the German Commission Gewehr 1888

Hardcast416taylor
07-24-2017, 06:12 AM
Are you making your mount for the Swede M96 yet? I was on your wait list several years back when you took a break.Robert

Dutchman
07-24-2017, 11:22 PM
Are you making your mount for the Swede M96 yet? I was on your wait list several years back when you took a break.Robert

Not making any more. That's why I posted about this other one very nearly the same as what I was making. You can get it now.

Dutch