PDA

View Full Version : 357 cast boolits in the 9mm Glock

lastmanout
04-11-2006, 11:36 PM
I feel like I won the daily lotto. After much reading and some guessing, my Glock 34 in 9mm luger is shooting like a target pistola. I am using cast lead 150 Lee RNFP and 150 RCBS bullets, WW alloy, sized. 358", I seated the bullets as far out as I could. The 9mm is a high intensity shorty and changing the C.O.L. by .010" or .O20" deeper in the case can send pressures from safe to dangerous. Something to remember. I used Unique (but not much of it). Got the load and COL from a VERY old Lyman reloading manual, so I will not give out numbers-sorry. It deserves a closer look 'cause my plastic pistol is shooting nicely rounded TEN shot groups of 1.2"-2" at twenty yards. I have always loved revolvers, but the Glock is making me think.

Dale53
04-12-2006, 02:03 AM
I have zero experience with the 9mm parabellum. However, many .380's, of which I have owned a couple, require larger (.358") bullets to shoot well. Some of them, alas, require .358" bullets for the barrel but you cannot chamber a cartridge with a bullet that large. While they shoot quite well with jacketed bullets, they do NOT do well with cast.

Fortunately, my Sig Sauer P230 does quite well with cast. Pretty wimpy cartridge to trust your life with, tho'. I am really a .45ACP man but for light summer dress, my new S&W .38 Special Airweight snubby will do a better job.

Dale53