PDA

View Full Version : What is it worth?

Dogg
09-05-2009, 09:49 AM
I have a 3" round butt, cocabola grips, 657 S&W I bought back in the early 90s which was one of the Davidson's special made guns. Its had several hundred rounds put through it so isn't new but no marks other than the 'ring' on the cylinder. I am getting out of the .41 mag stuff so need to think about getting rid of it. I would call the gun a good 95% but everyone has different values.
Am looking for an idea what to ask for it.
Thanks
Wade

EOD3
09-05-2009, 01:46 PM
Price is not as important as making sure it has a good home. :) I can offer a stable "home" environment where it can live in harmony with others of it's kind. :mrgreen:

Foster care is also available... :bigsmyl2:

GLL
09-05-2009, 01:59 PM
EOD3:

I would also love to give it a home, BUT we cannot bring that particular model into California ! :( :(

Jerry

GLL
09-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Wade:

Go over to the Smith & Wesson site and ask your question there !

You will be swamped with suggestions and "OFFERS" ! :) :)

Your 3" 657 is a VERY desirable gun ! It will bring at least $650 and probably much more !
If you still have the original box indicate that is the case.

Take some nice photos !

http://smith-wessonforum.com/forum.php

Jerry

44man
09-05-2009, 03:33 PM
EOD3:

I would also love to give it a home, BUT we cannot bring that particular model into California ! :( :(

Jerry
Why, what is going on out there?

HeavyMetal
09-05-2009, 03:40 PM
Each hand gun sold in Calif. has to pass a drop test every year, with the exception of SAA, so if the gun is no longer in production or a "special" that no one will pay the test fee for the average citizen can't import period!

Law enforcement is exempt, of course!

GLL
09-05-2009, 04:24 PM
As an addendum:

C & R handguns are also exempt.

Jerry

Nora
09-05-2009, 09:16 PM
Each hand gun sold in Calif. has to pass a drop test every year, with the exception of SAA, so if the gun is no longer in production or a "special" that no one will pay the test fee for the average citizen can't import period!

Law enforcement is exempt, of course!

Am I understanding correctly that hand guns require an annual certified test fire to be legal????? If that is the case I don't feel there are adjectives to describe how I would feel about having to participate in that.

Nora

machinisttx
09-05-2009, 10:55 PM
Am I understanding correctly that hand guns require an annual certified test fire to be legal????? If that is the case I don't feel there are adjectives to describe how I would feel about having to participate in that.

Nora

As I understand it, the particular model of gun has to pass the test every year, not every individual gun.