PDA

View Full Version : Well, I got a 25 yard pistol target shot.

imashooter2
04-11-2006, 09:07 PM
Just wondering if waksupi has a good yardstick...

[smilie=1:

waksupi
04-11-2006, 11:17 PM
I found my best way to score my pistol targets. I borrow one of the tarps that are used to cover loads from a semi trailer. Spread the tarp on a hillside, and place my target in the center. I can generally keep one group of ten located somewhere on the surface.

Lee
04-12-2006, 12:15 AM
Not always able to shoot at 25 yards, I have found that taking a sheet of unfolded newspaper and placing it at 15 feet, allows me to extrapolate my groups to the 25 yard range. Usually. .............Lee:)

David R
04-12-2006, 07:15 AM
I have shot many. It seems once I get a good group going, One Lowly flier spoils it. So far my best is with the 38. On my first attempt, I had a 50 foot bullseye target at 25 yards. I had an OK group going right in the black, then I trashed it with some "vinella". It took 19 shots to get 10 holes in the black. I have been shooting them quite a bit. As I practice, I am getting better. Outdoor Pistol league starts the 30th here.

Since I got the 38 a couple of weeks ago, I have really been burning up the powder.

I'll send one in by Friday.

David

Bucks Owin
04-19-2006, 08:18 PM
Outdoor matches start on the 30th? Sounds like fun! Hopefully there'll be no snow on the ground....:roll:

Dennis

What kinda matches? Any handgun BR?

imashooter2
04-19-2006, 08:30 PM
Outdoor matches start on the 30th? Sounds like fun! Hopefully there'll be no snow on the ground....:roll:

Dennis

What kinda matches? Any handgun BR?

There's only 1 match left this year and that is scoped pistol 100 yards bench rest, target in the mail by May 1st. See the sticky posts at the top of the forum for details.

Bucks Owin
04-19-2006, 08:32 PM
There's only 1 match left this year and that is scoped pistol 100 yards bench rest, target in the mail by May 1st. See the sticky posts at the top of the forum for details.

much obliged...

The way I read it, outdoor matches "end" in the spring?!? I must be missing something here....

Dennis

waksupi
04-19-2006, 11:09 PM
much obliged...

The way I read it, outdoor matches "end" in the spring?!? I must be missing something here....

Dennis

Dennis, I just have been trying to run winter matches the last few years, to get people out shooting in miserable weather:mrgreen:.
You, or any one else, is welcome to run matches at any time. I believe Ranch Dog currently has one underway.

Bucks Owin
04-20-2006, 04:31 AM
Ah so! Gotcha and thanks,

Dennis

redneckdan
04-20-2006, 04:53 AM
I finally got my pistol target shot last night, been crazy busy at the range and I haven't been able to sneak away from RO duties for a mere 5 minutes:roll: , sorry about draggin ass on this one....