PDA

View Full Version : has anyone used glycerin in their mix.

Marlin Hunter
09-05-2009, 02:07 AM
Has anyone used glycerin in their bullet lube?

I think it is water soluble, so it probably wouldn't work with the other oil based ingredients.

and what about Hemp Oil? you could use it at a police range and watch them try to figure out who's smoking dope.

runfiverun
09-05-2009, 09:17 PM
felix gave me the okay to use glycerin as a lube additive.
i haven't got to it yet as i am playing with some moly right now.
you won't need much a spoonfull to a lb should be about right.

geargnasher
09-06-2009, 12:39 AM
Why glycerin?

Gear

Marlin Hunter
09-06-2009, 01:34 AM
Why glycerin?

Gear

Experimentation.

It has lubricating properties.

geargnasher
09-06-2009, 02:25 AM
Experimentation.

It has lubricating properties.

Just curious because it has other properties as well, such as being insoluble in oils and being extremely hygroscopic. I would want it out rather than in. Might make a good black powder lube additive, though, if you dehydrated and emulsified it.

...But you never know for sure with smokeless 'till some enterprising soul tries it, it might be the bee's knees. Keep us updated.

Gear

felix
09-06-2009, 10:35 AM
Chancy at best. Upon prediction, the order of component mixing with various temps will be MOST important. Not worth it unless you feel a need on a snowy day. ... felix

runfiverun
09-06-2009, 11:23 AM
thats why i have been holding up with it i am trying to figure out how to bind it to the carrier,an see if the filler i use will adhere to it in the bbl.
i have thought about trying it with rooster red or zamboni i have heard these are water soluble lubes,but this moly stuff is seeming to be the real deal right now..