PDA

View Full Version : 22Lr conversion parts

cheese1566
09-02-2009, 10:11 PM
Where would I start looking for parts to a Atchisson MK2 22LR (MAK, inc of Dayton, OH) conversion for an AR-15?

I need a bolt assembly.

I spoke with Spike's Tactical and he didn't think his would. He referred me to CMMG.
I spoke to CMMG who thought maybe theirs might, but would have to send my unit to them. He gladly offered to check it out, though.
I heard many a bad things about Ceiner and his customer service, heck all I get is message on the answering machine and no email on the website. His website said all questions would be answered on his website. All you see if how to send money and an order to him.

I would like to find a factory replacement.

MtGun44
09-03-2009, 02:09 PM
Depending on what you define at the bolt assembly, you might be in for a whole
new unit. I have the Achison and it is only a 'bolt assembly' and a magazine, but
maybe you mean something else. The CMMG unit LOOKS identical to my Achison,
and they are good people. I'd send it to them and see what they can do. They
make good quality parts and I have bought rifles and parts from them for years,
I think you will get good, fair help from them.

Bill

cheese1566
09-03-2009, 11:36 PM
I have the plate which holds the chamber adapter, 30 round metal magazine, and two pieces for full auto M-16 use, but no bolt assembly that houses the extractor and firing pin (the moving part of the assembly). This is the unit I bought from NSP64 a few weeks back for $20. It cleaned up rather nicely with only a couple of small cosmetic rusty spots.

The pics look identical on the CMMG website, but the plate looks to have an extra notch in it than mine does. Hoping their bolt will adapt to it for $89.

I have another email sent to CMMG for the correct address and any shipping info I may need. I got rapid responses from them a few weeks ago when I first started to bug them. It took a day or so which is understandable in this hectic field.

MtGun44
09-04-2009, 01:01 AM
Mine looks very similar, no engraved writing on mine, yours looks to be polished and blued, mine
is beadblast and parkerized. I do not have the two upper pieces. Good luck with
CMMG. My box looks identical, and the mag looks identical except finish.

Bill