PDA

View Full Version : Lee lube & size kit?

Archer
09-02-2009, 12:11 PM
Has anyone on here used the Lee lube & size kit?
If so, where did you get the punch that shoves the
boolet through the sizer? I was going to order one
in .452, but I wrote them and they said the punch
doesn't come with it, and I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Maybe I just don't know how this sizer works, but they
show the punch installed in the shellholder on the picture of it.
The sizer would be useless without the punch to shove it though.
Can anyone explain how this thing works?
Thanks for the help.

Cowboy5780
09-02-2009, 12:29 PM
All ive bought had the punch included with the kit plus a small bottle of there Alox lube

thx997303
09-02-2009, 12:30 PM
It comes with a push rod that attaches to the ram of your press.

And it sizes the boolits nose first so you don't need multiple punches.

fusil
09-02-2009, 12:51 PM
Bonjour,
I use and love mine. Cheap to buy, simple to use.[smilie=w:
I pan lube my boolits, then size them. Never used the Alox yet.
LEE is the only brand I have. Started with LEE and have no plans to change.:mrgreen:

fusil

Sprue
09-02-2009, 01:56 PM
Who are you writing to?

I've never seen a Lee kit that did NOT come with a punch. :veryconfu

Sonoma2k2
09-02-2009, 02:27 PM
yeah I just bought my first punch and re sizer and it came all together like these guys said. I have been using the alox lube but i'm not 100% on how much i'am suppose to put on these bullets. Their small just 124gr TC .356 for 9mm.

my first batch shot good out of the beretta and glock but leaded the glock barrel at the muzzle. was told to add a little more lube so i have but i dunno...maybe to much i'm guessing. some of the bullets look almost brown. i try to lube about 50 at a time in a baggie. any ideas or suggestions guys?? thanks a bunch.

Archer
09-02-2009, 04:07 PM
Thanks guys, I thought it must come with it, or
it wouldn't work.

Sprue,
I wrote to Midway, because that's where I was going to order it,
and they wrote back saying it didn't come with it. But, you know
how most customer service rep's are. He said to contact Lee.

alamogunr
09-02-2009, 07:10 PM
I just received a special order sizer from Lee today. Just like the regular items, it had the sizer die, the punch and a bottle of LLA. Just waiting on my .475 mold to try everything out.

John
W.TN

mooman76
09-02-2009, 07:33 PM
They must have misunderstood you or something. I even got an extra punch one time. They've always come with punches as far as I know.

Lead Fred
09-02-2009, 07:55 PM
Got mine for Cabella's store, came with sizer, punch, and lube.

lylejb
09-02-2009, 09:45 PM
I just got got one, from Midway, last week. Mine DID have the punch, the die, and a bottle of alox.

I'm still figuring out what i want to do for/ with the lube (making my share of newbe mistakes) but the die is easy to use. I've sized about 500 .358-158-rf with it so far.

Just order it. It comes with all you need.

Archer
09-02-2009, 10:17 PM
Thanks everyone, I'll go ahead and order it. They misunderstood alright,
I even copyed and pasted there instructions for it in the email, and they still didn't
understand what I was asking.

Buckshot
09-03-2009, 02:18 AM
yeah I just bought my first punch and re sizer and it came all together like these guys said. I have been using the alox lube but i'm not 100% on how much i'am suppose to put on these bullets. Their small just 124gr TC .356 for 9mm.

my first batch shot good out of the beretta and glock but leaded the glock barrel at the muzzle. was told to add a little more lube so i have but i dunno...maybe to much i'm guessing. some of the bullets look almost brown. i try to lube about 50 at a time in a baggie. any ideas or suggestions guys?? thanks a bunch.

.............Was your leading at the muzzle just a gray wash or actual build up? Did your accuracy deteriorate? The only cast lead pistol ammo I exclusively use LLA on is 38 S&W (pure lead) 38 Special 148gr WC (pure lead target loads), 38 Special 158gr SWC (pure lead target loads). I can shoot these all day long.

http://www.fototime.com/28B6E8386910EEF/standard.jpg

All my bore rider rifle boolits get a wash of thinned LLA (50/50 LLA & paint thinner). Then they'll get lube-sized with lube added to the lube grooves. This sure makes engraving smoother and easier.

The only problem with coating and then re-coating boolits with LLA is in the seater die. The lube on the nose will build up in the seater punch and the boolit gets seated deeper and deeper, and once in awile the build up comes out in a clump atop one of the loaded rounds.

................Buckshot

Jim
09-03-2009, 04:10 AM
Buckshot, you think you can get that boolit to seat a little farther out?:bigsmyl2:

markinalpine
09-03-2009, 05:08 PM
Buckshot, you think you can get that boolit to seat a little farther out?:bigsmyl2:

[smilie=p:

Mark :coffeecom

Buckshot
09-04-2009, 01:53 AM
............Huh, oh it's a Swede. I make every effort to get as close to the target as possible. A quarter inch here and a quarter inch there and it begins to mean something :-)

...............Buckshot