PDA

View Full Version : Polish P64

4570guy
09-01-2009, 04:52 PM
Anybody else here own one? I just bought one from J&G last month. At $149 (several of us went in and bought 5 at one time), it was a deal I couldn't pass up. The pistol is like brand new (the slide rails don't even have worn bluing). After changing out the hammer spring for one of the Wolf 18# springs, the "horid" factory DA pull is now quite nice. I've yet to shoot mine, but my buddy that bought his at the same time has shot his and was very impressed. It looks like a very concealable little pistol for summer wear:mrgreen:

IMHO - the P64 may be the best inexpensive value out there right now.

mike in co
09-01-2009, 05:28 PM
change the main spring and the recoil spring....the trigger gets better and the recoil not so bad.....
i bought 4......one was not so great sold it, pick 2 out of the 3 and sold the third. the plan was to keep 2...but as life would have it...a para ord 1911 showed up and out went the 2nd one too.
have considered buying more...but think i should wait till next year...hope they last that long...the price is already going up a little.

the mags are available and inexpensive.

let see:
adjustable rear site
chrome lined bore
loaded chamber indicator(inline with line of sight/or felt by finger in the dark)
safety/decocker
carry cocked and locked
all steel construction
more umphhh than a 380

one very nice pocket sized pistol with aprox 15% more enrgy than a 380...
i shoot sie 100 fp and 95 horn xtp's

mike in co

brianintheup
09-01-2009, 08:17 PM
I like my P64. I bought the wolf spring kit and changed the main spring and the hammer spring. I trim down 9mm brass and fire form them for the makarav. The only problem that I have had is when I don't get the brass trimmed down all the way. Great little pocket pistol.

mike in co
09-01-2009, 08:35 PM
I like my P64. I bought the wolf spring kit and changed the main spring and the hammer spring. I trim down 9mm brass and fire form them for the makarav. The only problem that I have had is when I don't get the brass trimmed down all the way. Great little pocket pistol.

starline makes brass...it aint that expensive.......

4570guy
09-02-2009, 08:39 AM
Yep- I changed both the hammer and recoil springs, polished the feed ramp and made a new trigger spring. The trigger is now very nice. I bought a bunch of the silver bear ball and jhp ammo for it as it was cheap. I'll eventually load for it I suspect.

JeffG
10-25-2015, 11:12 PM
I just picked up one of these, very nice. Got in the Lee mold, dies, Starline brass and had a nice weekend casting, loading and shooting it. Great little heater.

mac60
10-26-2015, 11:35 AM
They're a well made, solid little pistol. Mine ejects empties at the speed of light - don't shoot it much for just that reason.

JeffG
10-26-2015, 06:10 PM
Yeah, figured out where I needed to place my tarp and that I need a bigger tarp to catch them little buggers.

They're a well made, solid little pistol. Mine ejects empties at the speed of light - don't shoot it much for just that reason.

9.3X62AL
10-26-2015, 06:52 PM
The Makarov family does eject vigorously, for sure.

jrayborn
10-26-2015, 08:13 PM
I love my pair and carry one regularly.

9.3X62AL
10-26-2015, 10:51 PM
My East German Mak was a frequent CCW of mine until HR 218 came along and caused the shotcallers downtown to listen too closely to County Counsel, which in my employing county was (and remains) the junior varsity squad to the District Attorney's starting lineup. Well, CC does the civil side of things while the DA busies itself with turning crooks loose on the criminal side. The DA is Hertz; CC is Avis (we try harder).

The Mak launched a 95-100 grain JHP to about 1075-1100 FPS, which is a significant uptick from the 380 ACP and runs very close (on paper) to our current 9mm Luger load's energy figures......that 147 grain JHP at 925-950 FPS just doesn't inspire confidence, the bleatings of the Facklerites notwithstanding. An old FBI range instructor of mine had a choice descriptor of that load and its rationale, but given this site's family-friendly orientation its disclosure would be poorly received. Suffice to say, it was and is less than complimentary.

JeffG
10-28-2015, 09:59 PM
I love my pair and carry one regularly.

I feel like I want a second one, and know where one is already. Help stop me before I sin.

MtGun44
10-30-2015, 01:54 AM
If you can fix or adjust to the 25 lb trigger pull they seem nicely made.

9.3X62AL
10-30-2015, 12:00 PM
If you can fix or adjust to the 25 lb trigger pull they seem nicely made.

25#......wow. My EG's D/A trigger stroke is fairly heavy, but no worse in tension and smoother than that found in most 3rd Generation S&W autopistols from the factory. Maybe I got a Wednesday gun.