PDA

View Full Version : Receiver Hitch style press mount

Rmfcasey
08-29-2009, 09:56 AM
Hi, I used some 2 1/2 sq. tubing mounted at 45 degrees. Then I am mounting my presses on steel plates welded to 2 inch tubes to allow me to quickly change presses.
Rmfcasey

HeavyMetal
08-29-2009, 10:12 AM
Great idea as long as the tubing is tight enough that no slop occurs during use.

Of course a section of the tubing drilled and tapped for a set screw can fix that!

A second idea would be a wall rack set up to hold press's and other tools mounted this way, it would keep them off the floor, or more importantly, out of cabinet space allowing much needed space for powder, primers and case's.

georgewxxx
08-29-2009, 10:24 AM
For boolit sizing presses, I use a block of 2X4 and mount them in my vice. To store them, just hang them up on the pegboard on the wall. ...Geo

NoDakJak
08-30-2009, 08:06 AM
My system is similar to that of georgewxxx except that I install a large eyescrew in the end of the block and hang the tool from hooks in the floor joists along the wall. An assortment of Luber/sizers, casetrimmers, Powder measures and priming tools dangle where it is quick and easy to select the tool needed. The tool in use is mounted in a machinists vise mounted on the corner of my largest loading bench. The vise does double duty, being used for cleaning and working on guns . My reloading room is in the basement and room is limited. I have a 8 foot bench and another four foot one. If all my loading, casting and swaging equipment were mounted permantly I would need at least four or five times as much bench space. Neil