PDA

View Full Version : 34 "New" Rossi M92's Born Into The World

pietro
08-28-2009, 02:56 PM
(Again.)

Cajun Shooter gave me the headsup - For whatever reason(s), after removing ALL leverguns from their website, and likewise their reps like Taurus, etc, Rossi has added 34 different Model 92 leverguns, branding every entry as "NEW".

http://www.rossiusa.com/product-list.cfm?category=8

God only knows why.

New company ownership ? New actual, but different, maker branded w/Rossi ?

Dogg
08-28-2009, 04:28 PM
I don't see any stainless with 24" barrels, didn't look at their prices and wonder about the quality vesus the old Hartford models. Think I will be satisfied with what I have for the moment.

pietro
08-28-2009, 07:03 PM
FYI, from the Rossi website, a Rossi news release (in part):

The Legend Returns - The New Rossi R92 Line

MIAMI – The classic lever-action R92 has returned to the Rossi lineup. Modeled after the famous rifle that won the wild west and became a cultural icon, the R92 combines the heritage of old-world design with new innovations and safety features that only Rossi can offer.

The octagon barrelled rifle model comes in these popular calibers: .38/.357 Mag., .44 Mag., .45 Colt and .44-40 Win. and in two barrel lengths – 24-inch and 20-inch.
The rifle also comes in a variety of finish combinations including blue, blue/brass, blue/case hardened and stainless.
All rifle models have an authentic curved buttplate in a finish that matches the receiver of the rifle.

The round barrel delivers shorter, lighter versions of their big brothers with 16-inch and 20-inch carbine models - available in .38/.357, .44 Mag,. .45 Colt, .44-40 Win and .454 Casull.
The R92 round barrel comes in two finish options – blue and stainless.
All round barrel models feature crescent buttplates and an extended front sight. For brush hunting and wilderness packing, Rossi R92 carbine .454 Casull features optional magazine-tube loading and recoil absorbing butt pad. MSRP $590.00 - $757.00.

The Rossi revolution of firearm design and manufacture started with the founding of the company in 1889 by Amadeo Rossi.
In 2008, Rossi production was acquired by Forjas Taurus S.A.
Now, as part of Taurus International, Rossi looks forward to providing you with the next generation of great firearms.

The complete line of Rossi firearms features the exclusive Taurus Security Systemâ, which utilizes a key to lock the firearm and offers additional safety for youth.

For more information about Rossi Firearms, a Division of BrazTech International, contact: 16175 Northwest 49th Avenue, Miami, Florida 33014, 1-800-948-8029, or visit www.rossiusa.com.

jlchucker
09-02-2009, 08:53 AM
That name "Hartford" stamped on the barrel was a sign of class, and was a reminder of the historical foundings of the American firearms industry--now either gone or disappearing fast.