PDA

View Full Version : need 32 acp load

ddhotbot
08-28-2009, 01:47 PM
i want to load up some 75 gr flat nose lead bullets to practice with out of my kel tec. i have a wide selection of powders. what are you guys using? thanks

GL49
08-30-2009, 10:44 AM
I was using Red Dot powder until I found that my progressive press powder measure will not throw the charges with enough accuracy for my peace of mind. Tenth over, tenth under, is a big deal with the small charges if you pay attention to your loading book and are loadiing toward the max listed load. I went with AA#2, a ball powder, only because it meters well and it was one I had on my shelf. Don't see any difference how my 1903 Colt shoots, except that the group size is a bit smaller probably because the powder charge is more uniform. If you weigh every charge, well....you won't be limited by powder types. Be sure to load enough to fill a coffee can at least half full, that's usually what it takes when my son and I go to the range. What mold do you have that gives you a 75gr flat nose bullet?

dsmjon
10-28-2009, 11:34 PM
I played around a lot with ~80gr cast slugs in my 32acp a few weeks ago. It took a min. of 1.5gr of ANYTHING to make the P32 cycle. By "ANYTHING", I mean WW231, red dot, power pistol, unique, blue dot, and bullseye.

I found that 1.8 gr of Bullseye made that little gun about to a backflip out of my big paws. Although I've seen load data call for a starting point of 2.1gr Bullseye. For plinkin, I'll stick with around 1.6gr of 231, unique, or PP.

If/when I can ever find some 60gr GDHP's, I'll put it over 2.5ish grs of Bullseye, and just make sure those are loaded in a +1 magazine so I have a little extra to hold on to!

beemer
10-28-2009, 11:55 PM
I have been using 100 gr. Lee RN and as little as 1.2 grs. of Bullseye. It makes a CZ50 cycle but it is only about 500 fps. It is fun to shoot and is POA at 15 yds. I would want more for serious work but don't need anymore to defend myself from a paper attack.

I never intended to load this round but I bought dies for my 32 S&W Long and found out they would work for a 32 ACP. Then someone gave a box of 32 ACP brass, I really couldn't help it.

dave

Ranch Dog
10-29-2009, 08:27 AM
I have a 68-grain, as cast "Ranch Dog" bullet (TL314-70-RF (http://www.ranchdogmolds.com/TL31470RF/))that I shoot out of my Bryco M38.

I have used Titegroup, Unique, and Universal. I limit my loads to what the Lee Micro-Charge bar will throw through the Auto Disk powder dispenser as I will not charge the cases individually or weigh them. The velocities are from the 2.8" barrel of this subcompact.

Titegroup 1.9-grains = 721 FPS with a 2.52" 5-shot group at 7-yards
Titegroup 2.2-grains = ?, 2.66"
Universal 2.4-grains = 623 FPS, 3.16"
Unique 2.4-grains = 652 FPS, 1.98"

I'm shooting the 2.2-grain load but didn't realize that I haven't chronographed it yet! I need to get on that project. The accuracy is excellent at the ranges I would expect to use this pistol in self defense. Unique meters poorly and in that it is at the maximum charge using the Micro-Charge Bar, I'm not comfortable using it.

dsmjn mentioned Gold Dots, I have shot the factory ammo and it showed 851 FPS with the lighter bullet (60-grains)

Outpost75
07-09-2013, 09:33 PM

In my Walther PP and CZ50 with the Ranch Dog bullet I get great accuracy and reliable cycling with 2 grs. of Bullseye for 920 fps.

helice
07-10-2013, 01:38 PM
Some years ago I had a couple of Walther PPs in 32ACP. The only mold I had at that time was an LBT .313-115 FN PB. I had trouble getting any kind of load data for that large a boolit. Found out that the thin Aguilla brass was the only brass that the pistol would accept since I didn't want to size the boolit down. I think my heaviest load was 0.8 grains of 231 Winchester. Each load was weighed. We got very interesting velocities from the PPs and a neighbor's North American Arms. (The NAA was a nice piece.)