PDA

View Full Version : emf 92/win.92 stock and forearm

Dogg
08-28-2009, 09:05 AM
Could someone tell me if the stock and forearm from the Win.92 can be used without any modification on the EMF Hartford 92? I am looking to find a nicer piece of wood for the Hartford .357 I have but can only find wood for the actual Win.92
Thanks
Dogg

PS am I the only one having a hard time getting into the differen forums since the server switch. Seems like .75 of the time I try to get into the leveraction forum it comes up as a 404 error. :killingpc

jlchucker
08-28-2009, 09:21 AM
I don't know if this was just a one-time thing, but about a year or so I was at my gunsmith's house, and happened to have my EMF Hartford 92 rifle along with me when this subject came up. Norris said, "let's find out" and pulled out a stock that had come off a 94 (not 92) Winchester carbine--can't remember if it was post-64 or pre, but it had a shotgun butt. We pulled the stock off my Hartford (rifle, not carbine) and the Winny stock fit right on nicely. This was done just to talk about, not to final-fit, but we concluded that a 94 stock could be made to fit that rifle if one had to do it.