PDA

View Full Version : Save that zinc

peter nap
08-27-2009, 06:07 PM
I've been saving my zinc WW's...because I'm a packrat.

I stop at every tire shop I run across and today I stopped at one where the owner told me he made sinkers. I asked if he used the zinc and he said it worked as well as lead.

So we worked out a deal where he will trade me unsorted (Since he doesn't know zinc from lead) for my Zinc culls.

See, there is a use for ir!

Gunslinger
08-27-2009, 06:47 PM
I have about four 3-gal buckets just standing there being hated for not being lead weights... I plan on going to the local scrap yard and swapping them for some sort of lead.... I just haven't quite finished hating them yet :roll:

snaggdit
08-28-2009, 01:10 AM
I have about four 3-gal buckets just standing there being hated for not being lead weights... I plan on going to the local scrap yard and swapping them for some sort of lead.... I just haven't quite finished hating them yet :roll:

That is too funny! Glare at them for me a few times![smilie=l:

randyrat
08-28-2009, 07:21 AM
Hang on to your Zinc, it will be worth more than Lead again someday. Metal prices are climbing as we speak. Lead is up to almost .90/lb (of course, certified ) Zinc is going up also. Check the prices on Kitco, you can see 24 hour,30 day,60 day,6 month,1 year,5 year graphs. Lots of uses for Zinc since lead is a NO NO to the "Green World" people and states. Save it....Mark my words it will be worth it's weight in a short time.
You can sell it back to the "Greenys" for environmentaly safe weights someday for mega bucks. Besides your gonna need the money,because when this green thing kicks in full bore EVERYTHING is going to cost a LOT more.