PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody have a copy of the Lee 7.62x54R Instruction sheet?

webbertelli
08-27-2009, 06:34 AM
Hello from England. I was hoping somebody on here might be able to help. I have just bought 2 rifles from a friend. Both came with new and unused lee die sets. Unfortunately my friend had lost the instruction sheets. I have load data for 7.62 x 54R but I was hoping to get a copy of the original Lee instruction sheet that comes with the dies. Does anybody have a scan or PDF of the original sheet they could email me?. I asked Lee Precision but they dont have the documents in email form. I can order the sheets from them as a spare part but it will take weeks to reach England. I am also looking for the instructions for 44/40 dies if anybody has a copy of them. I have tried my friends in England but none of them shoot 44/40 or 7.62X54. Any help would be appreciated.

oldhickory
08-27-2009, 07:22 AM
You can probably get it from LEE's website.

docone31
08-27-2009, 09:03 AM
Using the dies are not that complicated. I rarely use the instructions on mine.
Since the shells will only go so far into the die set, you cannot really mess them up.
I set my die so the bottom is just off the shell carrier. Then I adjust them a little bit more.
Load info is available on the internet.
With jacketed, I crimp. With lead I do not.
My biggest issues with them has been when the inside of the neck is dry when I deprime. I always put case lube, or Crisco, inside the neck when depriming.
When I start out with the dies, I take a loaded round and set it to it. From there I tweak if I need to. It all depends on the round.
The Lee RGB dies do not come with instructions.
Essentially, you could use any die instructions, the concept is the same.

webbertelli
08-27-2009, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the speedy replies.
I have numerous sets of Lee dies and have been reloading for a couple of years. I wanted the specific instructions together with the load data to make the sets complete. Lee do have generic instructions, it's just that I wanted the specific details to gop with the die sets.
Thanks again Webbertelli

mike in co
08-27-2009, 09:50 AM
a note of caution on these dies. they are another of lee's FAILURES!

THEY ARE DESIGNED AROUND A 308 BULLET DIA!, not the more correct 310/311.

they are useless for cast boolit shooting, without adding a belling or m die to the process, and if large dia boolits are required, they will cause the case to stick in the body of the die.........

the load data is way too much to type in here. it does cover110,125,130,150,165,168,180,190,200 and 225 gr bullets....which would you like ?

mike in co

Dframe
08-27-2009, 02:05 PM
If you'll PM me with an address I'd be happy to mail you a copy.

KCSO
08-27-2009, 02:32 PM
I'll look in my pile of Lee stuff I might have the sheets.

webbertelli
08-27-2009, 06:49 PM
Thank you again for the replies. Mike in CO I would never expect anybody to retype the whole sheet. It not solely the load data I'm after, its a copy of the instruction sheet to make the dies complete. If you are able to email me a scan of the sheet that would be perfect.
Thanks in expectation of your help, and again I'm grateful to those who took the time to reply.
Best regards Rob (webbertelli)

webbertelli
09-02-2009, 04:39 AM
Please can I offer my thanks to all of the kind and knowledgable members who contacted me. I now have my data sheets and a great tip about using a .303 british decapper and expander to cover the use of both .308 and .311 bullets. I shoot 303 as well so have the necessary parts already.I also liked the tip about using a 7.5 swiss collet die and factory crimp die. Im going to see if the same tip will work on 7.5mas cases to enable me to neck size them instead of FL resizing.
Thanks again from England.:)
Webbertelli