PDA

View Full Version : SOG Rep?

BABore
08-26-2009, 01:11 PM
How is Southern Ohio Gun (SOG International) in regards to MilSurp's? I mean as far as accurate description of condition and "Hand Pic" rep. I'm thinking about getting a Yugo M24/47 and would have to order it through a dealer.

StarMetal
08-26-2009, 02:08 PM
The top place in description matching what you actually get is from Dennis Kroll of Empire Arms, BUT he's expensive. If he say's their is fly poop on the rifle you can bet it will be there. Another good place and fair priced is Aim Surplus. SOG is so so. Military Supply in Texas isn't too bad. I'd pretty much stay away from Inter Ordnance in NC, but Classic Arms in NC is pretty good.

www.empirearms.com
www.aimsurplus.com
www.classicarms.com
www.militarygunsupply.com

Don't you know anyone that has a C&R license? Why don't you get one?

You just missed one in damn near unissued condition from Empire Arms...sorry. The rest of those places are out of them.

Joe

Dutch4122
08-26-2009, 03:04 PM
Samco Global Arms has them in stock. They show both a straight bolt and bent bolt version in stock. Hand picked versions are priced at under $200.

Hope this helps,

StarMetal
08-26-2009, 03:13 PM
I forgot about Samco. Those look darn good. Better jump on one of those Bruce.

Joe

Shiloh
08-26-2009, 04:29 PM
Got a M-48 Yugo Mauser years ago that came from them. As described, good stock, mint bore.

The stock had a small cracked piece of wood in the rear sight area. I was able to fix it and you wouldn't know it.

SHiloh

corvette8n
08-26-2009, 05:24 PM
I've has to send an SKS back to SOG(absolute junk)
and Jungle carbines back to Century Arms (excessive headspace)

Nora
08-26-2009, 07:46 PM
I personally have a lot of hart burn when it comes to SOG. The meir mention of them makes my skin crawl. I had a shop for 6 years (closed the doors during a nasty devoice to keep it out of the mess) Twice I'd ordered what was billed as VG to Excellent with shiny bores. In stead they had a cracked stock, dark pitted bores and dropped a field gauge for head space. They went back. A customer was looking for a specific hand gun. We paid the extra for hand picked. It took them 2 weeks (normal time was 5 days) to get me the WRONG MODEL! How do you confuse a Rossi for a Smith 10. The paper work said S&W and had the SN for the Rossi. It went back. In one flier they had listed NEW AR15A2's I ordered 24 and had half pre sold before they arrived. 4 were to go to a conservation club for their fall raffle. What showed up was a new lower receiver on a worn out mil-surp parts kit. I blew a gasket. Anything that arrives with 50% if the finish worn off and an accu-wedge to take up the slop between the upper and lower is in no sense of the word new! The next morning CS got an ear full and they all went back. The next flier they had, had the same crap for sale for a lower price but listed as mil-surp parts on a new receiver. Had that been the case in the first place I wouldn't have ordered them nor had a problem about it. I refuse to give them any business again.

IMVHO :takinWiz: SOG

*steps down from soap box*

Nora

mike in co
08-26-2009, 09:50 PM
nora,
naw...tell us how you REALLY feel.....

mike in co

garandsrus
08-27-2009, 12:31 AM
I bought a couple PA-63's from SOG that were advertised as "very good" and they were in fact "new". The serial numbers were two apart, which was kind of cool.

John

Beekeeper
09-10-2009, 11:35 PM
Persolaly having bought from SOG I agree withNORA.
Stay away from them as thier adverts and people are bogus.
I buy from J&G Sales or Samco now.
J&G has given the best service and the best value for the dollar for me.

Jim