04-06-2006, 12:35 AM
For you curry lovers out there :

Two mallards, plucked and cut into pieces
One large white onion , diced,
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
3 stalks celery diced

1 can Campbells golden mushroom soup
1 can coconut milk

2- 4 tablespoons curry powder (hot) depending on taste. 2 is a nice flavor without a lot of heat, 4 is for real curry lovers.
1/8 cup vegetable oil
Salt to taste

Heat oil in Dutch oven on stove top and cook the curry powder for several minutes
Add duck and brown thoroughly
Add vegetables and continue cooking for a few more minutes

Add soup and coconut milk and stir well.

Put the lid on the Dutch oven and put in a 350 degree oven for 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 hours.

Serve with rice and beans and if you like Zatarains red and rice or black and rice it's a good way to go.

Duck will be moist , tender and down right delicous.

Guaranteed to make a curry lover and duck lover out of you.

fourarmed
04-06-2006, 01:53 PM
Sounds good, Stocker. My son lives in Thailand, and always brings back a lot of really hot curry pastes when he comes for deer season.

stocker
04-06-2006, 03:00 PM
Fourarmed: Of course you could substitute, goose, chicken, beef, lamb, deer, whatever for the duck. I get my curry mixed at a local spice shop run be some East Indian gentlemen. Far better than the majority of bottled spices. I bet the Thai is hot as much of their food has a bit of a blast.

fourarmed
04-10-2006, 04:49 PM
Stocker, I tried the recipe with cubed deer meat. I used some red curry paste from Thailand. It's real salty, so I only used a couple of tablespoons. Turned out great, though not as hot as I like. (Nobody else complained about the heat, so I know it was too mild.) Next time I'll try one of the other curries we have around, or add a dash of habanero powder. We froze a lot of cubed venison for satay this year, but I think we'll be using a lot of it this way. The satay is great, too, but fairly time consuming to prepare.

7br
04-17-2006, 11:03 AM
Hey forearmed, I thought your avatar had a picture of curried venison.

fourarmed
04-17-2006, 04:37 PM
Har har. Curried with a .300 H&H.