PDA

View Full Version : Cutomer sized Lee sizer die... how long?

O.S.O.K.
08-21-2009, 12:08 PM
For those of you that've ordered custom sized Lee sizer die kits - how long did it take for them to turn the order? Their web site states 4 weeks.

I went to order a .265" sizer die kit and found that they skip right over that size for some reason in their "stock" production. Then I saw the note to go to their custom order section....

Anyhoo - the order is in the mail but I was just wondering how long....

O.S.O.K.
08-21-2009, 02:25 PM
Ouch - that's a long 4 weeks! I've already got that sent off but I'll keep Buckshot in mind for the next one...

I might just try the boolits "as cast"....

Thanks!

theperfessor
08-21-2009, 02:43 PM
If you could find a .258 in stock you could maybe lap it out using the hand drill, sandpaper and split dowel rod method. Don't have any Lee sizer dies but others here have said that Lee dies aren't very hard and lap out fairly easily.

Might get you through until your order comes in. Just my $.02.

O.S.O.K.
08-21-2009, 03:10 PM
Thanks - I actually did that with an extra .430" Lee sizer - only .001" larger, but was very easy to do.

As it turns out, I have a .265" (would like .266" or larger...) RCBS die - and a RCBS lubersizer - but I don't use the lubersizer and had forgotten about having the die.... but I'll just use this and give it a try - I'm sure I can lapp that one a bit larger too...

Apreciate the help/advice guys!

mooman76
08-21-2009, 06:36 PM
I got mine in about 2 1/2 weeks but that was a couple years ago when Lee was not overloaded. I second going to Buckshot. or get a 265 and ream it out a little.

Wayne Smith
08-21-2009, 06:56 PM
Rick (Buckshot) has made several H&I dies for me and one Lee style. His work is good, and so is he. I recommend him highly.

In fact, if we get the Steyr Oldfeller mold group buy going I'm ordering another from him!

jdgabbard
08-21-2009, 08:16 PM
I wait for the day Buckshot decides to start making molds... Now those would probably be of the highest quality. From what I hear, his dies are right on the ordered measure.

Shiloh
08-21-2009, 11:02 PM
That's what has prevented me from getting anything custom from LEE

SHiloh