PDA

View Full Version : Saeco vs. Hensley & Gibbs

FISH4BUGS
04-05-2006, 01:32 PM
How are these two moulds compared to one another. I own a number of H&G's but no Saecos. I may be in a position to buy a number of 50's-60's era Saeco moulds, and wonder how the quality is compared to H&G.

Lloyd Smale
04-05-2006, 01:43 PM
the old ones were just as good the new ones are still good molds but id give the nod to h&g

Blackwater
04-07-2006, 01:24 AM
I also really like my Saeco moulds. All mine are older, probably from the 50's and 60's, and they're casting fools. Very easy to use and very well made. My great grandchildren will probably use them .... if there's still shooting then.

Beau Cassidy
04-07-2006, 07:15 AM
I am not sure about the older Saeco's as I only have one and haven't used it yet but the new ones seem like the sprue hole could be just a tad bit larger in diameter. Both are fine molds otherwise.

Beau

Char-Gar
04-07-2006, 08:30 AM
I have several of the older SAECO/Cramer molds and they are top notch goods. I did have to open up the spru hole on my No. 12 to get well filled bullets easy.

If I had the chance to buy some more, I would jump at the chance, if I need or wanted the particular bullet.

I have a couple of Hensley % Gibbs molds and they are good molds, but I don't find them to make better bullets easier than the Cramers or SAECO/Cramers.