PDA

View Full Version : Can the Pedersoli double set trigger be fixed up?

mnzrxer
08-20-2009, 01:20 PM
I have a Pedersoli Sharps replica with a double set trigger. Once set the front trigger has quite a bit of travel and some drag to it before it actually trips. This makes it very difficult to make a good shot. I wouldn't even mind the travel if it was just against spring tension, but it has at least two "bumps in the road" on the way to releasing the hammer. Any tips on how to clean up the workings in there? I haven't tried to take it apart, yet, but once I get a screwdriver set that properly fits the screws, I'm going in.

mnzrxer
08-21-2009, 01:50 PM
Found the answer on the Pedersoli site. I bought the gun used and without a manual so didn't know the correct way to adjust the trigger. Should be able to get it working right now that I have downloaded the manual from Pedersoli.

KCSO
08-21-2009, 02:27 PM
Yes they can be fixed to give a superb pull. I strippped, honed and adjusted mine and then re hardened them. The let off is 10 oz crisp. It just takes a little knowledge and some work.

mnzrxer
08-24-2009, 01:05 PM
After finding out there are TWO screws to work with and spending a little time making adjustments I am happy with the results. I just need to keep an eye on the screws when shooting to make sure they don't move too much. Might have to put a touch of Loctite on 'em to keep everything set the way I want.