PDA

View Full Version : Old West Bullet Moulds

R.C. Hatter
08-19-2009, 07:40 PM
:Fire: Has anyone on the forum obtained a mould from Old West Bullet Moulds lately ? If so, were there any problems with the mould and/or dealing with the company ? What problems, if any, are related to their moulds, during actual casting ? Any help here would be appreciated.

shooter93
08-19-2009, 08:27 PM
You'll find he makes very good molds and is nice to work with.

Blammer
08-19-2009, 08:40 PM
I have several OWBM and are of recent manufacture (within a year) and have found NO problems with them.

IMO they produce excellent work and craftsmanship.

Bernie is top notch in dealing with customers.

Spend your money and rest easy, you'll get a very good product.

HeavyMetal
08-19-2009, 08:49 PM
Have one of the 44 full wadcutter molds from Blammers GB, a 4 banger.

This mold is not for sale and never will be! Brass is a dream to cast with and I hope to do others in the future.

If you have a mold from old west I expect he'll stand behind it, if you want to buy and have concerns as to quality I can tell you this one was perfect and he supplied tools to work on it!

First time I ever had that happen with a mold purchase!

geezer56
08-19-2009, 09:47 PM
I got a 358009 from Blammers group buy and it is great. Boolits just fall out, and size is spot on. Nope, not for sale! And I thought the tools included was a nice touch as well.

sav300
08-20-2009, 08:23 AM
Just sent money for a mould from Bernie and I do not expect problems after the emails and questions.Just wait now for the mould to arrive down under.

Blammer
08-20-2009, 10:22 AM
Tell Bernie you heard about him on the Cast boolits website.. :)

Char-Gar
08-20-2009, 11:21 AM
Who owns or runs Old 'West now? It was a one man operation in Northwest New Mexico run by Ken Chapman. He made great molds and was a cast bullet experimenter. He also published some articles than ran in Handloader. Has it changed hands?

Blammer
08-20-2009, 02:32 PM
Bernie Rowles owns and runs Old West Bullet Moulds in Fruita CO. I don't know if it was the same operation you speak of.

Buckshot
08-22-2009, 02:32 AM
............Ken Chapman retired some time back, and the operation was taken over and moved. I (think) I remember reading that Ken Chapman had passed on but danged if I can even credit THAT source, it's been that long.

..............Buckshot