PDA

View Full Version : You know your an addict when on your B-Day

Nate1778
08-19-2009, 01:56 PM
your family gets you, $120 gift card to the local shooting range, disposable Tupperware, Gulf Wax, the spaghetti western box set. Oooohh and a bottle of Knob Creek. I think I have a bit of a problem. Should have scene the wife's face when I said Gulf wax and disposable Tupperware......Never thought I would be excited to get paraffin wax................:lovebooli

deadguy
08-19-2009, 02:07 PM
I wish my family was as in tune as yours!

high standard 40
08-19-2009, 02:14 PM
Happy Birthday:drinks:

madman
08-19-2009, 02:36 PM
Yep Happy Birthday sounds like ya got a goodin there

crabo
08-19-2009, 04:19 PM
Mine just gives me money for B-days and Christmas. Then I can apply it to any project I have going.

putteral
08-19-2009, 04:28 PM
I am retired so everyday is either Christmas or my birthday!
:drinks:

jonk
08-19-2009, 05:44 PM
Not a BIG whiskey fan but I've been known to enjoy some Knob Creek from time to time. Usually the family gets me some good German beer if they are buying alcohol.

Dad always buys my yearly range membership as a Christmas gift.

Never gotten wax before. What a good idea!

Shiloh
08-19-2009, 05:59 PM
your family gets you, $120 gift card to the local shooting range, disposable Tupperware, Gulf Wax, the spaghetti western box set. Oooohh and a bottle of Knob Creek. I think I have a bit of a problem. Should have scene the wife's face when I said Gulf wax and disposable Tupperware......Never thought I would be excited to get paraffin wax................:lovebooli

Nice!!

I just turned 53, and my 84 year old dad gave me a fifty. I told him years ago
"Dad, thanks, but it's OK if it's just a card. Even that's not necessary"

So I Got the new 49th edition of the Lyman load book, Some ammo boxes to store .30-40 ammo upright, SR-1 100 yd. military targets, and some Lyman top punches. Happy Birthday to me...
What is Knob Creek? I know there is a machine gun shoot called that.

Shiloh

felix
08-19-2009, 06:05 PM
Knob Creek is a wiskey that has a distinctively odd taste. It's only good character is its smoothness, but not nearly enough to warrant the taste. There are several wiskeys which are plenty smooth enough and have a very good taste. ... felix

Nate1778
08-19-2009, 07:20 PM
delete

double post

Nate1778
08-19-2009, 07:23 PM
There are several wiskeys which are plenty smooth enough and have a very good taste. ... felix

Ouch, breakith my heart.

Here in the great Commonwealth of Kentucky, we enjoy the privilege of making Bourbon. A high end Whiskey if you will. There is whiskey and then there is Bourbon, Bourbon is a sipping drink, like Scotch. Knob Creek is a higher end Bourbon. I love it and is a true vice of mine, that and a good cigar. Call me ole fashion. My honest favorite is Bookers, but at $50 a bottle I refuse to spend the money, with exception of truly special events, like the birth of my children. Don't think alcoholic, think Gentleman drink.

That said thanks for the best wishes on the B-day, but that was not the intention, the intention was to demonstrate the rate at which this addiction takes over. Three months ago, Paraffin wax was last on the list, but the three year old daughter giving it to me will make that boom that much better. Stupid cast boolits, taking over the garage and what not.

Ironically enough I did not get a good casting session on the day..........and the Lyman 49th was on the list but alas, no manual............

bruce381
08-19-2009, 10:37 PM
I like 4 roses, booker is kinda HOT to my taste

Guesser
08-19-2009, 11:17 PM
For years my wife kept a running inventory of my molds, and would get me a new and different one for Xmas, B'day and such. Ruger NMBH 45/45 for anniversary. Oh yeah!!!

sundog
08-20-2009, 12:41 AM
Canadian Club (whatever the premier stuff is) and Seagrams really good stuff whatever the name is (VVO or whatever) are both good commercial brand whiskeys that are very drinkable and available. I'm sure there is a niche market of very high priced stuff, but for the layman's (untrained) palatte, it is not very discernable. It's been years since I've had Four Roses, but I remember it as a preferred label.

A nice bottle is certainly 'nice' on a birthday. A nip now and then is very good for the soul...

snaggdit
08-20-2009, 02:09 AM
My palette is not as descerning as my wallet in many cases. I have tried the "high end" stuff but did not notice any descernable (?) increase in taste over the normal top shelf stuff. I still have a soft spot in my heart for 1800... You either like it or have had a bad experience with it. I like it, my wife can't stand the smell on my breath. Therefore, it is few and far between that I can actually enjoy a shot or two (I don't do bars).

Lead Fred
08-20-2009, 03:47 AM
Gee all I got was an email from my daughter saying please drive here to get your birthday present, and dotn take 2 months like you did for Fathers day.

Im think holloweenish

looseprojectile
08-20-2009, 10:53 AM
At my age another birthday is a good thing.
I am finding it harder to find a friend to drink with as the years flick by.
I want to put in a plug for Makers Mark as far as wiskey is concerned.
I would like to know how to organize my mess of boolits and brass.
Is there a thirteen step club for those that can hardly walk through their mess?
I have heard of the Tupperware thing. I don't see how several hundred plastic containers added to the mess could reduce the volume.
Might we run a contest for the least organized casting/loading area?

Life is good

O.S.O.K.
08-20-2009, 11:13 AM
That'd make a great American Express commercial - "and the look on my wife's face when I said tupperware and gulf wax"... priceless!

:lol:

Happy Birthday - hope you have fewer under your belt than me ;)

zxcvbob
08-20-2009, 11:26 AM
Are we talking about whiskey now? My favorite is Elijah Craig (12yo). It's not terribly expensive but it is hard to find. I figured out that what I like about it are it's high alcohol content and it has a good percentage of rye. So I tried a bottle of Jim Beam rye whiskey (yellow label) and that's my new sipping whiskey -- and I'm on the lookout for a 100 proof rye.

And I use old peanut butter jars to store boolits. Gallon ziplock freezer bags to store brass.

bigboredad
08-20-2009, 11:48 AM
AWW nothing says happy birthday like whiskey and tupperware especially when it comes from the two most important people in your world I sincerly hope you had a good day and that the good days keep headed your way

waksupi
08-20-2009, 01:59 PM
For whiskey, Booliet, or Van Winkle.

archmaker
08-20-2009, 03:03 PM
I have to agree with Booliet. Of course I was surprised by Rare Breed (Wild Turkey) 105 proof.

badgeredd
08-20-2009, 03:26 PM
Ouch, breakith my heart.

Here in the great Commonwealth of Kentucky, we enjoy the privilege of making Bourbon. A high end Whiskey if you will. There is whiskey and then there is Bourbon, Bourbon is a sipping drink, like Scotch. Knob Creek is a higher end Bourbon. I love it and is a true vice of mine, that and a good cigar. Call me ole fashion. My honest favorite is Bookers, but at $50 a bottle I refuse to spend the money, with exception of truly special events, like the birth of my children. Don't think alcoholic, think Gentleman drink.

That said thanks for the best wishes on the B-day, but that was not the intention, the intention was to demonstrate the rate at which this addiction takes over. Three months ago, Paraffin wax was last on the list, but the three year old daughter giving it to me will make that boom that much better. Stupid cast boolits, taking over the garage and what not.

Ironically enough I did not get a good casting session on the day..........and the Lyman 49th was on the list but alas, no manual............

Wild Turkey 101 gets the nod from me. Ahhhhhhhhhh.........a good boubon is the drink.

Edd