PDA

View Full Version : Lyman or Lee handles on an RCBS mold?

2ndAmendmentNut
08-18-2009, 01:43 PM
Does anyone happen to know if Lyman 2-cavity or Lee 6-cavity mold handles will fit an RCBS 2-cavity mold? Not apposed to buying RCBS handles, but just do not want to if the handles I already have will fit.

wiljen
08-18-2009, 01:47 PM
they may fit but most times rcbs are slightly narrower in the grooves and lee/Lyman handles have to be shaved a bit to work. Some judicious sanding will usually do it.

08-18-2009, 06:49 PM
Lee 6-cavity handles are easily filed to fit RCBS moulds and are an exact fit for Lyman's. I've heard of Lyman handle jaws breaking after being modified.

Bob Krack
08-18-2009, 08:35 PM
Does anyone happen to know if Lyman 2-cavity or Lee 6-cavity mold handles will fit an RCBS 2-cavity mold? Not apposed to buying RCBS handles, but just do not want to if the handles I already have will fit.
I have used un-modified Lee 6 cavity mould handles on no less than 5 RCBS mould blocks with only good results. I am of the opinion that the RCBS handles open wider than the Lee 6 cavity handles though (so what).

Bob

Nora
08-18-2009, 09:23 PM
I recently bought an RCBS 2 cav mold and a set of the Lee 6 cav handles. 5 min with some 220 sandpaper and I was in business. I'd say it was worth the time to save some money. Well I guess I really didn't save anything in the long run. The brass I also bought picked up the slack and still spent the same. :coffee:

Nora