PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a Webley & Son

jim4065
08-16-2009, 08:56 PM
Just got a 450 Webley Metropolitan Police - and can't figure out the ejector (extractor?). My "Firearms Assembly and Dis-assembly" book on revolvers is no use. This thing has an ejector rod (or cylinder pin?) under the barrel that appears to pivot to the right - or maybe it simply pulls out to let the furshlugginer cam-shaped object release the cylinder? Squirted it with Kroil and it appears to move freely - if I only knew which direction! Can anyone refer me to an on-line site (or simply tell me what to do?) :oops:

BULLY HAYES
08-16-2009, 09:49 PM
Nice piece of western history there, congratulations. If you are facing the cylinder, you need to be able to turn the knurled tip anti-clockwise roughly 1/8th of a turn, then pull it out about 1 3/4", then swivel it to enable you to push out the shell casings from the chambers, after lowering the loading gate, at the time a neat idea in comparison, to many other pistols in vogue at that time, It is said that George Custer was packing a pair of these on the occasion of the fracas at the Little Big Horn. regards Bully

jim4065
08-17-2009, 12:11 AM
Thanks! That unlocked the pin and allowed it to swivel. Now to make ammo........

Story
09-02-2009, 09:07 AM
Thanks! That unlocked the pin and allowed it to swivel. Now to make ammo........

I have some Fiocchi that I planned to repack with Swiss FFFG. Guess this is going to be *the* thread on rolling our own .450 cartridges?

Catshooter
09-02-2009, 06:36 PM
(or simply tell me what to do?) :oops:

Jim,

Pack that dude up, PM me for my address and let me know how much $ you need. Done deal. :)

Cat

jim4065
09-02-2009, 07:19 PM
Jim,

Pack that dude up, PM me for my address and let me know how much $ you need. Done deal. :)

Cat

Who needs money? You know what I want................:wink:

I'll even sweeten the pot with another 50 of those reloads........which just turned up! [smilie=1:

Catshooter
09-04-2009, 01:14 AM
That 686? Oh dude . . . that baby is up for sale. Ani't gone yet, but it's getting close.

Did you have three of those Webleys? :)

Cat

jim4065
09-10-2009, 06:45 PM
That 686? Oh dude . . . that baby is up for sale. Ani't gone yet, but it's getting close.

Did you have three of those Webleys? :)

Cat

No - but maybe you've got two of those Smiths? :grin:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=133263126

You could always stamp an NSW on it...............

http://www.armscollectorsguild.com/auction/lots_oct07/1007610.htm

Catshooter
09-10-2009, 07:55 PM
Yikes! This is me tucking my tail in . . .

On the other hand, you told me what you paid, so neerner neerner. :)

*sigh* I guess I'll just keep looking. There's a gun show here this weekend and hope springs eternal ya know.

Cat