PDA

View Full Version : boolit lube

Beekeeper
08-14-2009, 10:01 PM
I have a pot of DGL boolit lube that I am trying to use to pan lube some 40S&W boolits.
I am finding it is too soft and am looking for something to stiffen it up a little.
( or should I leave it alone and put up with the stickyness)??

Am open to any suggestions.

Jim

beekeeper

lylejb
08-15-2009, 03:42 AM
I can't say that DGL lube rings a bell with me, but as there's a zillion lube recipes on this site i wouldn't claim to know them all.

Generally, paraffin wax finds it's way into harder lubes. might try adding some, a little at a time, till you get the desired hardness.

hunt around this site, somebody out there had tried just about anything for lube, probably this too.

LB

dromia
08-15-2009, 04:04 AM
Yes parrafin wax or beeswax are the usual lube stiffeners although thers are many others.

Randyrat here on the board sells beeswax I think.

cajun shooter
08-15-2009, 07:12 AM
dromia, Did you not read the handle of the person you just directed to Randy?That's funny, good way to start my morning cup of joe. Beekeeper, DGL is a highly respected lube and is used by some top shooters at Raton. Just read a post where the man and wife winners of a category use it. You can use some of your bees wax to give it more body. I make my own lube but have used the NASA made by Bullshop of this forum. It is sticky and a little too soft for Louisiana and I add a little beeswax to make it better. Be careful and try small lots as you go. It can become too hard quick.

dromia
08-15-2009, 08:54 AM
I know it is his forum name but I don't assume it is an activity of his. 8-)

Beekeeper
08-15-2009, 09:24 AM
dromia,
Thats OK I have never looked like a beekeeper anyway.
Was one for almost 20 years.6 or 8 years part time and the rest full time.
Sold out when the wasting disease got the better of almost everyones hives.
Thanks for the ideas on thickining up of the lube.
Will give the bees wax a try.

Jim

beekeeper

mooman76
08-15-2009, 09:57 AM
Not trying to hyjack this thread but when I bought by Lyamn press used a few years ago it came with a few sticks of Lube called GSB. It is very soft and black. BP comes to mind but that is just a guess. Just wondering if anyon knew anything about it.