PDA

View Full Version : Custom 8mm .326" 6 Cavity Custom Buy Begins Here

DX250
04-02-2006, 09:54 PM
The 8mm buy is now open. The mold is a 185gr gas check designed to feed in lever guns for the 32 guys by Sharpshooter (thanks by the way) and with the 55% meplat should feed Mausers also. If their are any questions please get ahold of me.

OAL 0.92 nose length 0.425 nose diamiter 0.316 shank diamiter 0.326 front band length 0.100 base length 0.110 grove and band length 0.064 ogive radius 0.825
I will be posting the drawing as soon as i get home, meltdown at work 2 in 2 days, I will post as soon as I can scan it in.

$58.00 shipped
priority mail $6.05
delivery conformation $0.50
insurance $1.35
Mould $50.00

My address is:
Brian Ferrall
1828 Rosedown ct
Lawrenceville, GA 30043
Brianattbb@yahoo.com
404-840-1642

SharpsShooter
04-03-2006, 03:09 PM
Guys, please be patient for a fully dimensioned drawing. It is on the short list and Greyarea will post it as soon as is possible. The above representation is a generalized view that very closely represents the final product.

Frank46
04-04-2006, 03:56 AM
Jeeze, youse guys are killing me. First the 375 6 holer, then the fatter 30 6 holer and now this. Frank

jballs918
04-05-2006, 12:02 PM
just wondring how we are doing so far. hopefully this will take off

redneckdan
04-05-2006, 12:21 PM
I'm assuming this would work good for both a military mauser and a winchester 94 in .32/40?

SharpsShooter
04-05-2006, 06:47 PM
just wondring how we are doing so far. hopefully this will take off

If the poll is an indicator, we have 27 interested. I believe it is going to work out fine.

DX250
04-07-2006, 03:46 PM
I now have 4 checks so far

Zips

DX250
04-11-2006, 03:24 PM
83706 2molds

475/480
04-11-2006, 04:42 PM
I put a check in the mail today for 1.

Sean

Johnch
04-13-2006, 08:13 PM
I droped a check in the mail for a mould .

Johnch

DX250
04-16-2006, 02:17 AM
just an update of the checks I have.

83706 2 molds

Char-Gar
04-17-2006, 01:38 PM
Anybody has an informed (uninformed opinions are easy to come by, even I have one) opinion about this bullets potential stability in a 1-16 twist 32 Winchester Special barrel?

DX250
04-17-2006, 04:13 PM
You shouls be good from my reserch. I cannot garantee that but to the best of my knowlege you should have no problems with stability in 32WS.

I also got checks from

SharpsShooter
04-17-2006, 04:33 PM
My Lee Shooter software indicates that the best rate of twist is 1:18.3 but your mileage may vary. Hopefully we will see the fully dimensioned drawing soon........

DX250
04-18-2006, 03:26 AM
Here is a quick dimentioned drawing don at work at 3:00AM. I will be posting a better drawing the one i will be sending to Lee i a day or so.

Larry Gibson
04-18-2006, 07:10 PM
Here is a quick dimentioned drawing don at work at 3:00AM. I will be posting a better drawing the one i will be sending to Lee i a day or so.

Brian

MO is in the mail, thanks.

Larry Gibson

Hackleback
04-21-2006, 06:37 AM
I am intirested in this mould. Anyone have thoughts on how cast boolits perform in less than prestine mil-surp barrels? I think that every 8mm I have has some roughtness to it- some a lot more than others. How about bores that are a bit worn/over size?

Sorry, my intention is not to hijack this thread, just have a couple of questions.

Thank you

keeper89
04-24-2006, 10:12 PM
How are things going? this thread has been quiet for a while, I sure hope there are enough 8mm freaks out there with the cash.......

DX250
04-27-2006, 04:11 PM
I got one more

That makes 10 checks for 11 moulds

keeper89
04-27-2006, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the update......come on all you 32 and 8mm freaks--break those piggy banks, open up those tax refund checks, let's get this candle lit!:Fire:

Buckshot
04-29-2006, 05:40 AM
I am intirested in this mould. Anyone have thoughts on how cast boolits perform in less than prestine mil-surp barrels? I think that every 8mm I have has some roughtness to it- some a lot more than others. How about bores that are a bit worn/over size?

Sorry, my intention is not to hijack this thread, just have a couple of questions.

Thank you

...............Most milsurp barrels that have seen any use in actual combat, or from places like South America will be less then new. Damage to the bore can take many forms. Some can damage the cast lead slug. Others that are very worn won't provide the guidance the cast lead bullet needs, since it's so much more fragile then a jacketed slug.

I have several surplus rifles with uniformly dark bores, but with good clear lands that shoot as well as a person could ask for. If your rifle has sharp lands and a good crown, the chances are excellent it will be a good shooter. Even if he lands are badly worn, it can still shoot, but the velocity will be limited. I have a 1895 Chilean in 7x57 whose lands appear only as shiney bumps spiraling up the bore. The leade apparently ends up under the rear sight someplace. But shooting to about 1600 fps it does a good job (with a Loverin design. No bore riders allowed :-) )

However, there are no guarantees as there are just too many variables.

..................Buckshot

dragonrider
04-29-2006, 01:47 PM
Is there still time to get in on this buy?? I think it would be real good in my 8x57.

475/480
04-29-2006, 04:16 PM
There is still time ,come on aboard.

Sean

jballs918
04-30-2006, 05:09 PM
hey guys just a quick question, what is the g/c size for this. is it the one for .323 or a different one

SharpsShooter
04-30-2006, 05:42 PM
hey guys just a quick question, what is the g/c size for this. is it the one for .323 or a different one

GC for a 32/8mm will be correct for this one.

:coffee:

felix
04-30-2006, 05:45 PM
323 is the same thing. ... felix

jballs918
04-30-2006, 05:48 PM
greats thanks guys i got 2k of them coming i may need to see about doing some horse trading i ordered 3k in 30cal. i looks like i may not even reload my 30 cals.

dragonrider
05-01-2006, 01:56 PM
The check is in the mail.. Thanks for the opportunity

keeper89
05-07-2006, 12:45 AM
Anybody else jumping in here? My old 98 is getting hungry and I really don't want to resort to buying an intermediary unit with limited capacity........please help!

PatMarlin
05-08-2006, 01:38 PM
Heads up to anyone who has sent a check in, or will be sending a check on this GB mold deal.

"Greyarea" has not responded to a sale on a mold, and is avoiding one of our fellow members.

Go here:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?p=75738&posted=1#post75738

I hope this is all a missunderstanding and greyarea will come forward and clean the slate, but as for now everyone needs to know what's going on here.

SharpsShooter
05-08-2006, 03:43 PM
Heads up to anyone who has sent a check in, or will be sending a check on this GB mold deal.

"Greyarea" has not responded to a sale on a mold, and is avoiding one of our fellow members.

Go here:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?p=75738&posted=1#post75738

I hope this is all a missunderstanding and greyarea will come forward and clean the slate, but as for now everyone needs to know what's going on here.

Good advice Pat. I had requested a detailed drawing by PM from greyarea back on the 11th of April, but have recieved no reply. I realize he did post a rough drawing with dimensions, but that hopefully is not what he intends to send Lee. I have withheld my money order until I see a better class of drawing and in light of the above mentioned activity may not participate at all.

I too hope this can be cleared up with a simple explanation.

SS

keeper89
05-08-2006, 04:20 PM
So where does it go from here? Is there anything to be done or is this going to be just another kick in the a** to the tune of fifty eight bucks?

SharpsShooter
05-08-2006, 05:01 PM
So where does it go from here? Is there anything to be done or is this going to be just another kick in the a** to the tune of fifty eight bucks?

Keeper89,

I am not sure where this is heading at this point. Certainly their are methods of legal recourse if this situation is not resolved to the satisfaction of those who have sent payment. This is unheard of when you think of this board and community. I personally have never encountered a problem when dealing with a member of this board and it is truely disturbing that greyarea would act in this manner in connection to a group buy of a basic boolit design that I put forth for consideration.

To those that have sent checks, please check your records to determine if it has been cashed. It is my understanding that the Honcho sits on the checks until the buy is closed and then deposits them. After they clear, then a check from the Honcho to Lee is issued for the fee for the moulds.

9.3X62AL
05-08-2006, 06:07 PM
We don't know what the situation is on the mold order. Sharpshooter's recommendation of confirming the status of personal checks sent is a good start, and someone so situated might check for unauthorized activity on the account from which the check was drawn. Having sent a personal or business check with its routing number at the bottom, the potential for account manipulation is present. I would recommend sending money orders or cashier's checks for all such orders in the future--they are certified funds, and most banks don't place holds on funds if deposited.

That said--let's give benefit of doubt until some indication of actual fraud--and not a crashed computer or sorry DSL service (my current annoyance)--becomes a bit more clear. As I posted last night, the best first call if fraud by U.S. Mail is suspected is to your local office of the U.S. Postal Inspector.

keeper89
05-08-2006, 09:17 PM
Got to say that a scammer would be ill advised to perpetrate fraud on this particular group of people--good shots all and not just a few LE personnel......:mad:

9.3X62AL
05-08-2006, 11:37 PM
It would be a first as far as I know, Keeper. I'm hopeful that it is a misunderstanding, but if not I have some case experience in this venue.

Buckshot
05-09-2006, 01:20 AM
..............Not being in this buy, I haven't been following it. I did get a couple PM's about it so I've read the thread through and can see the concern for what 'may' be an issue.

First of all I hate to think of something bad happening, as this will be a first so far as group buys are concerned. I have no idea what is up with the Honcho, and have sent an e-mail as I suppose other's have also.

I don't know what to believe or think and am hoping for the best for this group AND the honcho. I don't know what kinds of problems he might be having but in the initial post for the buy the man put his name, address, e-mail AND his telephone number right out there for everyone to see. If you intend to scam a group, you usually don't do that.

I hope for a response from him, and that there has been no major life issue. I do believe that someone has called the posted phone number and spoke to his mother. I hope that that is all that will be required and we can all move on.

................Buckshot

DX250
05-11-2006, 04:41 PM
Hello everyone i would like to appologise for the lapse in my updating and any other issuses that have arisen in the last few weeks. There is nothing to worry about with this buy. If anyone has any questions or comments for me PM, e-mail (brianattbb@yahoo.com), or call (404-840-1642) me anytime.

Update of zips

83706 2 molds

Buckshot
05-12-2006, 01:00 AM
............Brian, thank you very much for the e-mail and for making the post on the board. I should think we can all move on with the group buy now. I hope things settle down in your business before too much longer.

.....................Buckshot

475/480
05-12-2006, 06:43 AM
[QUOTE=greyarea]Hello everyone i would like to appologise for the lapse in my updating and any other issuses that have arisen in the last few weeks. There is nothing to worry about with this buy. If anyone has any questions or comments for me PM, e-mail (brianattbb@yahoo.com), or call (404-840-1642) me anytime.

Thanks for posting,

Sean

9.3X62AL
05-12-2006, 05:19 PM
Caveat emptor.

SharpsShooter
05-12-2006, 05:27 PM
Caveat emptor.

You ain't just kiddin either!!!!!!!!!!!

PatMarlin
05-12-2006, 07:29 PM
Hello everyone i would like to appologise for the lapse in my updating and any other issuses that have arisen in the last few weeks. There is nothing to worry about with this buy. If anyone has any questions or comments for me PM, e-mail (brianattbb@yahoo.com), or call (404-840-1642) me anytime.

I got a question for you Greyarea...

If there's nothing to worry about with you collecting money from our members, why are you in turn shafting a member of ours by not paying for the mold he sent you by priority mail 22 days ago Hmmmmm? ..........:roll: :roll: :roll:

Ben
05-13-2006, 08:20 AM
I've got a few questions for you .......Greyarea:

You tell everyone here regarding this group buy " To keep sending their money ".......You tell them " If you have any questions " Call Me.

You've had a mold of mine for 23 days now, You won't return a phone call, you won't pay me for the mold. There is no doubt that I've been scammed and it occured here on the same board that you are using for the group mold buy.

Sometimes what is person is doing speaks a whole lot louder than what they are saying.

Ben in
Alabama

Bret4207
05-13-2006, 09:58 AM
Speaking for myself, not on behalf of any other moderators that is, it would seem if Greyareas intentions are honorable and he's is just too busy to handle things at this point he should turn the $$$ and Honcho responsibilties over to someone else. There's just too much baggage associated with this GB now. Obviously Bens mould needs to either be returned or paid for.

If on the other hand Greyarea makes no further attempts to bring this issue to a happy end then legal action and stoppages on the checks should be pursued. Personally I'd prefer to think he just has too many irons in the fire.

The ball is in his court now.

SharpsShooter
05-13-2006, 11:37 AM
You autta restart the 8mm group buy on your own Sharpshooter, and this guy needs the boot.. :roll: [smilie=1:

Pat,

I am contemplating doing just that and would welcome opinions from the individuals involved. I'll have to bribe one of our members to re-do the drawing to improve it for Lee's usage and for the members of the buy too. Possibly Tom Meyers or 45.2.1 could be persuaded to do it for a reasonable fee. I have not contacted either individual at this time and will wait for some of the members to add their 2 cents.

dragonrider
05-13-2006, 11:40 AM
I am new to this board and because of that I have been reinvigorated into the art of bullet casting, as I haven't been casting for several years due to several medical problems, several injuries, surgeries and a heart attack. However with this apparent reluctance of one member correspond with another I am, to say the least, dispirited about about this gb. I want to be positive about it but it appears as though this buy is going to fail. So it was with great reluctance that I stopped payment on the check I sent for this mold. Should things turn around for the best, and I surely hope they do, I will release payment.

PatMarlin
05-13-2006, 11:51 AM
That's a great idea Sharp.. :drinks:

I think greyarea needs to be TOLD not asked to send all group buy checks to you post haste. Whatever the excuse, his actions have shown not to be worthy of a Honcho at Cast Boolits.

He needs to bow out gracefully and acquiess immediately.. :roll: :twisted: :roll:

This is a friendly demand greyarea...

SEND THE CHECKS TO SHARPSHOOTER!

porkchop bob
05-13-2006, 12:34 PM
My bank does not allow me to deposit a third-party check to my account. The new Honcho will run into this problem as well if these checks are forward to him.

Returning the checks to each member of this group buy is the better route to take. They, in turn, can issue a check to the new Honcho.

As a member of this group buy, I am willing to send $5 to greyarea to cover postage and envelopes for the ten of us involved. This is much cheaper than my paying $30 for a stop payment order.

For Greyarea - please advise.

Bob

9.3X62AL
05-13-2006, 12:41 PM
That's a generous gesture, Bob--and a good point about the third party check issue as well. Those days are OVER in most banks.

I would hate to see this Group Buy fail to go forward.

45 2.1
05-13-2006, 02:22 PM
Pat,

I am contemplating doing just that and would welcome opinions from the individuals involved. I'll have to bribe one of our members to re-do the drawing to improve it for Lee's usage and for the members of the buy too. Possibly Tom Meyers or 45.2.1 could be persuaded to do it for a reasonable fee. I have not contacted either individual at this time and will wait for some of the members to add their 2 cents.

PM me and we'll talk about it.

SharpsShooter
05-13-2006, 05:05 PM
PM me and we'll talk about it.

PM Sent

PatMarlin
05-16-2006, 12:10 AM
Ben...

Did ya get the payment for your mold from this Bum yet?.. :roll:

Ben
05-16-2006, 05:47 PM
Tuesday
May 16th
4:45 p.m. CST

Not a single penny from GreyArea.

Ben

DX250
05-17-2006, 06:35 PM
I have sent the money to ben.

Due to issues that have come up as a result of personal issues with me right now is there someone that would like to take over this but as i would like to see this buy go forward. I will be sending all checks back to the members that have sent them to me on th 17th.

I am also willing to eat all the cost for the problem.

SharpsShooter
05-17-2006, 06:54 PM
I have sent the money to ben.

Due to issues that have come up as a result of personal issues with me right now is there someone that would like to take over this but as i would like to see this buy go forward.

I am also willing to eat all the cost for the problem.

greyarea,

This is already in the works. Unfortunately any connection with this thread will likely kill any chance of it going forward. I am in daily contact withn one of our boolit designers and we nearly have all the quirks worked out to produce a drawing that will work equally well in the 32win or the 8mm. At that time I will start a fresh group buy for the refined edition of this boolit and Honcho the deal myself.

My suggestion to you is to return all checks to the members that have sent them posthaste to prevent legal actions that are being considered. Make no mistake about it, these people are some of the finest you will ever have the honor of knowing, but they will not tolerate any additional BS now or in the future. The manner that you have conducted yourself in this buy and in dealings with other members is not representative of the standard we have set here and you sir should be ashamed.

Ben
05-17-2006, 08:35 PM
GreyArea:

Since you choose not to communciate with me, this seems to be the only way that I can get " 1 way communication " to you at present .

So you've sent the money for my bullet mold that you've been holding for a month ...Ummm..When did you send the money ? ? We have 2 day mail delivery between the 2 of us.

As many times as I've called and sent PM's to you ( 90 % of which you've ignored ) about this matter, it seems that you could have at least contacted me and made me aware of your actions.

Nice that I read these post....a real neat way to keep up with your next Proposed Intentions .

You've told me two other different " fabricated stories " about sending me money during the past month ....Neither of which produced a penny.

Is this # 3 ?

You may very well be having some problems, I'm sorry to hear that from anyone. However, an open line of communication with me and the decency to speak the truth would have gone a long way towards helping to resolve this
matter in a respectable fashion.

Ben

PatMarlin
05-17-2006, 10:44 PM
That's very good of you Greyarea...

To have finally sent Ben his money, and not rip everyone off on the group buy.. :roll:

Ben
05-18-2006, 11:42 AM
I checked my mail today.

I sold the mold for $25, that $25 covered postage, etc.

Look what was in the mail today....

To quote General Douglas MacArthur.......As far as the business dealings between myslef and " GreyArea "....."These proceedings are closed."

Ben
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/haysb/1.jpg

SharpsShooter
05-18-2006, 05:54 PM
That's a good start greyarea. Now send the group buy checks back to the members and save them the fee of stopping their check.

To all interested in the 8mm/32 group buy, I bring you tidings of good news. Perhaps in a day, possibly two, I will be introducing a 180gr gas check boolit that will make both owners of 32win and 8X57's happy. Details to follow.

porkchop bob
05-18-2006, 09:56 PM
My check for the 8mm group buy was returned by mail today. Five days from date of requesting Greyarea for it is good turn-a-round. Thanks, I do appreciate the return :)

Bob

mooman76
05-18-2006, 10:39 PM
I didn't get in on the buy before but I am interested this time!

fatnhappy
05-18-2006, 11:31 PM
Ironic.

This thread has become the "let's lambast the deadbeat" conversation and the swappin and sellin thread has become "our latest 8mm do all be all design" thread.

Anyways........... Ben, what was the postmark on that envelope? It looked like the 16th. Tuesday of this week.

and fellas, can we "unsticky this thread and start a new thread for the 8mm design. I'm intrigued now that Mr. Myers has come up with a drawing that might be benefical to me in a .32 winchester.

45nut
05-19-2006, 12:21 AM
Ironic.

and fellas, can we "unsticky this thread and start a new thread for the 8mm design. I'm intrigued now that Mr. Myers has come up with a drawing that might be benefical to me in a .32 winchester.
Done,,good idea.

Tom Myers
05-19-2006, 07:56 AM
When a new thread is started I will re-post the drawing and sketch. I'll be away from the computer for the next three days at the Spooner, Wisc. shoot. If any alterations or additions to the design are conceived, just post them on the new thread and when I return from the shoot, the images can be re-drawn and posted.

Respectfully,
Tom Myers
Precision Ballistics and Records (http://www.tmtpages.com)

45 2.1
05-19-2006, 08:14 AM
I'm intrigued now that Mr. Myers has come up with a drawing that might be benefical to me in a .32 winchester.

Wait for the thread.

Ben
05-19-2006, 09:26 AM
Fatnhappy:

The envelope was postmarked May 16th pm

Ben

SharpsShooter
05-20-2006, 09:37 AM
Gents,

This group buy has been reinstated with an improved design and moved to http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=6992

Larry Gibson
05-20-2006, 01:20 PM
Fatnhappy:

The envelope was postmarked May 16th pm

Ben

Sorry guys but I've been out of the net for a week. I'm assuming from the posts here that this group buy of GreyArea's is defunct? Have all the checks been mailed back? I haven't gotten mine back yet. I will probably roll it over into SharpShooter's buy.

Larry Gibson

SharpsShooter
05-20-2006, 02:49 PM
That's about the size of it Larry. Come on over to my buy.....We'll treat ya so many different ways......you'll have to like one of em