PDA

View Full Version : thanks everyone

gjb
08-14-2009, 02:17 PM
:confused:I removed all of my posts,I guess after 35yrs of casting mold making and swaging no one cared so I guess I will leave to another site. Please tell me what people have to do to be welcomed here so I can pass it along if someone wants to post here.

Spent 45 minutes on a die that stretches tubing and about a hour to make one to reduce the size, and the all have uniform wall size. I was going to post the dies guess no one would look at it anyway

IHMSA
08-14-2009, 02:25 PM
Oh..come on man. Don't give us up that easy.
There are some here that would be interested in what you have to offer.
You have to give people more than a few days.
Many can only come on the weekends! :drinks:

garandsrus
08-14-2009, 02:45 PM
gjb,

I don't think that anyone has ever been not welcomed to the site... Some people do "wear out" their welcome after time, but you don't fit into that category.

In your case, I have no idea why you don't feel welcome. It sounds like you have a lot of information to contribute, so we all lose if you leave.

John

Sixgun Symphony
08-14-2009, 02:46 PM
Dude,

Alot of guys here only drop in every few days or maybe once a week. It's also not populated like AR15.com where there are like 4,000 lurkers at any given time.

I joined this site in 2006 and this is my 110th post here. I and many others here like to play outside rather than sit inside on a computer.

BT Sniper
08-14-2009, 03:06 PM
I don't get it? People post their work and ideas here to share with others. I don't think we should expect a "well done" or "your the man". I have posted severial topics and ideas, not all good and even some with no respose at all. It doesn't mean someone did not veiw the thread or get anything out of it. You removed all your posts, did I miss something it shows you only posted 4 times?

I hope you reconsider and share your valuable experience with others.

Good shooting,

BT

7of7
08-14-2009, 11:39 PM
It is only the 14th, you joined on the 11th. Give it some time... read, reply and offer some of your experience...
I know I come here about every other day, and I mainly look at this particular forum, sometimes I will look at the casting forum, and just wonder through them.. so, if I just come and mainly look at one forum, I am sure others do too. Give it some time..At least a couple weeks.

Oh, and by the way, welcome to our forum... Swaging and casting for 35 years,... I am sure you can enlighten quite a few of us swaging newbies on some stuff...

trevj
08-15-2009, 10:02 AM
Meh.

Either unclear on the concept of forums, or a drama queen.

I'm leaning towards the latter, as an opinion...

Maybe there is a mutual admiration society out there that the OP will fit into better.

35 years of experience, eh? Lots to pass on.

So.

Ante up.

For the most part, you will be remembered by what you contributed. Erasing your tracks, pretty much ensures that you won't be remembered at all.

Or, as is the case with several of the posters at one site I used to frequent, who habitually went back and erased the posts they made, any memories will be of selfish git's that hoarded info and left nothing of value in their wake.

Seems somewhat of a self fulfilling prophecy, doesn't it.

You might consider looking at the stat's overall for this particular sub-forum, being as it is pretty much an incidental add-on to a CASTING Forum. It sees light traffic on the busy days.

Just because there is not a steady stream of admirers posting happy notes after each of your comments or posts, certainly does not mean that you are unwelcome or that there are not folk interested.
Taking down the info you had posted simply means that those that did not see the info when it was up, never will.

Cheers
Trev

pillardrill
08-15-2009, 10:39 AM
Some bring joy when they come, others when they leave. Whom will you be ?

Red River Rick
08-15-2009, 11:52 AM
Please tell me what people have to do to be welcomed here ......................

Perhaps a bit of "PATIENCE" would be in order. :killingpc

As it has been mentioned, some members don't log on here everyday. So, your thread may not have gotten the attention you were hoping for because by the time they came back........................it was gone.

But since you've choosen to remove your post due to lack of response, we'll never know what you posted and you'll never know what we could have added. Too Bad!

RRR

legend
08-15-2009, 11:56 AM
sorry you feel that way;i dont believe you gave it a fair shake..

i believe you have much to offer,stick around..

legend

longhorn47
08-15-2009, 01:13 PM
some times you have to shake it just be patient GOD I LOVE IT HERE

Echo
08-15-2009, 01:20 PM
Another reason to love this forum - as Howard C. would say, we '...tell it like it is.'

(Why in the world would anyone want to erase their posts, unless they had said something really embarrassing?)

wallenba
08-15-2009, 01:43 PM
Frequently I post and get no reply. I don't take it personally. Just figure I missed my target. Not everyone will have at the same time a concern that you share, but are actively seeking an answer on something else.

waksupi
08-15-2009, 03:18 PM
There are over 500 posts on this board every day. Doing my best doing a skim on the today feature, all I can do is read a few posts that catch my eye. I burn up around 2-3 hours daily doing this, and I imagine the rest of the staff does the same. It is pretty much impossible to read every post, unless you are in front of the computer full time.
Post any info you have, and add to it when possible. The store of information is valuable, if not immediately, surely in the future.

Hardcast416taylor
08-15-2009, 04:21 PM
I`ve posted over 500 posts on this site. Some are my response to someones posting or my own posting. I get few to no responses to my blatherings of fact or opinion. Do I care - actually no, did I expect a reply - perhaps if it was a requested posting. Am I dejected that I am considered a daffy old opinioned warhorse put out to pasture that all ignore? Actually the answer is no since mosts of the posts here are just that opinions.:coffee:Robert

RayinNH
08-15-2009, 04:44 PM
I like reading your blatherings Robert :-D. If you got rid of all of the "old daffy opinionated warhorses there'd be little left to read :drinks:...Ray