PDA

View Full Version : New long range gong shoot in Oklahoma

wills
08-09-2009, 03:44 PM
I received the following e mail this morning:

An interesting shoot that isn't that far of a drive.

Subject: New long range gong shoot in Oklahoma
In case you haven't seen this posted on some of the forums like Shiloh or BPCR.net there is a new shoot this fall. Arnold has the support of the City and if this works out this year it will likely become an annual affair. I suggested that since it is being held in October that we shoot at pumpkins but I believe he has a different plan. As the details evolve I will pass them along.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Are y’all ready for another shoot? I thought so. Here’s the deal:

Okie Sheriff has been putting one together in south central Oklahoma. He’s calling it the R. U. Tuffenuff shoot. The match itself will be fired to the north down and through a couple of canyons. Quigley targets and ranges. Okie rules. Five rounds per target. The course will be fired twice. Once on each day on the first weekend in October.

We have all been talking about the kids being the future of the shooting sports. I believe it’s true. When is somebody going to get off their backsides and do something about it? First weekend in October. All profit from the match goes to support the shooting sports for young people.

One generous soul has donated a very nice high wall rifle to be raffled off to raise money. Others including the host of this website are being very generous with their support.

This match is in cooperation with the Wild Pig festival in Milburn, Oklahoma and is the same weekend as a couple of Indian festivals in nearby towns. Something for non shooting folks to do, too.

Breakfast is all you can eat served at the range and dinner and supper can be found in town at the festival.

Now, the kicker: There is $1,000.00 prize money. It will be awarded to first, second and third place.

Your friendly neighborhood horsefly is going to run a short shooting school and .22 rimfire competition for kids. After all …

So here is the shoot with everything. A tough course for you, entertainment and food for the family if they come and for a good cause.

R. U. Tuffenuff?

Circuit Rider
08-10-2009, 11:35 PM
As an Okie now livin' in E. Tn. won't be able to make it. But have family in Pauls Valley, and will encourage some of them to go. If it becomes an annual event, will be there next year. Sounds like great fun for the family, and a great way to get young folks interested. Circuit Rider:Fire: