PDA

View Full Version : HI Standard 22 SportKing Special

atr
08-09-2009, 11:30 AM
I just picked up a very nice Hi Standard SportKing Special,,,,22 semi-auto for $130.00....
circa. 1960 to 1966... Tubular feed, with either short , long or Long rifle.

what a nice shooting rifle !!!
accurate, feeds without jamming, nice iron sights even for my old eyes, and a very sweet trigger.

happiness is !!!!
art

Uncle R.
08-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Congrats! I like the old High Standards from that era.
Their market niche seems to have been decent, quality guns at workingman's prices. I've been impressed with them a time or two myself.
Of course their higher grades of rimfire pistols were ding-near the Holy Grail...
:-D
Uncle R.

DLCTEX
08-09-2009, 02:23 PM
I had one that was stolen. It was one of the most accurate 22's I ever shot. It would cloverleaf 5 rounds at 25 yds. using Rem. Golden bullets and do it all day long. Sure wish I had it back. Found out the thief traded it for drugs and it went to Mexico about 12 years ago.

beemer
08-09-2009, 02:24 PM
Good buy! I have a Sport King 22 rifle, they are nice rifles and I do like the sights. They also made rifles for Sears marked with the Sears house brands. I also have a couple of those, not finished as nice but they do function properly. I think Hi-Standard got in trouble and let Sears get the best of them.

TAWILDCATT
08-17-2009, 05:39 PM
it was a top grade target pistol and decent 22 rifles. I think they tried to branch out should have stayed in their bracket.times changed even smith lost there target pistols as did colt.:coffee:[smilie=1:

chevyiron420
08-18-2009, 05:28 AM
i have a dura matic pistol and its great. she has shot many thousands of rounds and is still like brand new. i would like to have one with nice target sights on it but she is hard to beat as is!!