PDA

View Full Version : Rem-mar-harrington

357maximum
08-08-2009, 12:37 PM
This post is just to pass on an experience I had with Remington recently. While I was moving some barrels and forends around on my nef/h&r collection I noticed one of the little plastic forend spacers had a loose screw. I put the old phillips bit to it and made about 1/8 of a turn......POP the plastic split from one hole to the other and clear through to the other side. This effectively made it two pieces.

I called the H&R 1871 number to see about getting a new one. I told the guy that answered what I HAD DONE AND HOW IT HAPPENED AND THAT IT WAS MY FAULT. The nice fella on the other end said he would send me a new one free of charge. He took down my info and said it should be at my house within 10days. I thanked him and we hung up.

This morning I went out and checked the mailbox in a pouring rain. Opened the box and there was a manilla envelope from Remington Arms in IL. I made the call on 7/31..............I am impressed....granted it is likely a $00.25 part for them, but I am still impressed with the fast and cordial service I received.

:drinks:

watkibe
08-08-2009, 01:17 PM
An unhappy customer is 10 times more likely to tell others about his bad experience than a happy customer is to tell about his good one. So, for being 1 out of 10, thanks and kudos ! I like to do the same thing when a (usually) firearm or related company does something really good.
Not to highjack the thread, I will just briefly say that both Leatherman and RCBS went way above and beyond in their customer service for me.
As an owner of Remingtons, Marlins, and H&Rs, I am glad to hear that the new conglomerated company is doing a good job !

farmerfish77
08-08-2009, 01:30 PM
I had a leatherman replaced free of charge when I broke mine (my fault). Had a new on in just a few days. It is nice to get service like that.

largom
08-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Remington now also owns Dakota Arms.

Bret4207
08-09-2009, 09:36 AM
I had a leatherman replaced free of charge when I broke mine (my fault). Had a new on in just a few days. It is nice to get service like that.

I end up sending my Leathermans in about every 5 years and always end up with a new one. Funny, I only carry one, but I've bought at least 4. I hate losing stuff!