PDA

View Full Version : Bonanza loader questions

08-07-2009, 10:54 PM
Rumaging around the shelfs and found a nice looking Bonanza loader. It has two rods the deck slides on with an automatic holder on it and a shell holder on top also. Looks like it needs a tool attachment deck above the moving one. Anyone have one of these critters. Looks like it would work fine and is practically new. I have a Lyman T but this one could be used for an auxillary press. Thanks for any help, wc
Found it-it is a Forester CoAx. Pretty simple loader it appears. The dies slip into the slot using the locking rings. Think I am going to like it, wc

Bret4207
08-08-2009, 08:19 AM
Do a search here. That's probably the finest single stage press ever made. I love mine.

TAWILDCATT
08-17-2009, 03:03 PM
it is power full. and far better than any single stage.I use mine often.:coffeecom[smilie=1:

JMtoolman
08-18-2009, 10:15 AM
I saw a used one at the Missoula gun show last week for $60.00. If I didn't already own one I would have broken my arm getting the money out of my wallet for it. I purchased mine about twenty years ago, also used for $75.00. It has been the best press for a lifetime of reloading. Lots of case forming with unusal cartridges, and never a hickup. I think it the best single stage press made! John, the toolman.

JimKirk
09-09-2009, 11:45 PM
Best press made! If you buy it and use it (with a set of good dies)you'll find that ammo will have less runout than most other press out there.

Jimmy K

Safeshot
09-10-2009, 04:51 AM
I agree with all the positive comments. In addition: once you adjust the dies and "lock" the "lock rings" - changing dies is very easy and very quick. I like the Forester CoAx (previously Bonanza CoAx) press better than a turret press or any other single stage press.
It also places the cartridge case and the dies where you get a better "view" of them during operation. It is a very strong and powerful reloading press. The priming feature "up on top of the press" is a neat and handy feature. I do not think you will ever "wear it out" if you keep it reasonably clean and oiled. Good "find" Safeshot

BarryinIN
09-10-2009, 07:53 AM
You FOUND a Co-Ax? What terrrible luck you have.
I have one too. Love it. I don't use it for every single thing, but I can say that about my other presses too.