PDA

View Full Version : Empire Arms Early List

StarMetal
03-30-2006, 10:11 PM
I'm subscribed to Dennis Kroll's earlybird list on rifle before they get put on his website. 95 percent of them are sold before they hit even the earlybird list because they are on the want list. Here's his take in for this go around. $10,600 . This guy really got a racket. I know he has good stuff and he rates them perfectly, but he's gotten way too high. Alot of the stuff he has is obtainable elsewhere cheaper. Example: Yugo SKS's he's selling for $250 used, you can get an unissued one for $148.95 from InterOrdnance and shooter grade for $79 and everything inbetween. Dennis is nuts. Now grant you he does have stuff that's hard to get. I'm going to get off his list, he has become way too high for me.

Joe

Frank46
03-31-2006, 02:16 AM
Joe, according to his schedule he's going to the tulsa show this weekend. Most of his pre 1898 stuff is the same stuff he's been showing on his website. So maybe he'll have some new stuff when he comes back. But I have to agree with you that his prices are kinda high for some of the items he's selling. Frank

Buckshot
03-31-2006, 04:53 AM
................You are guarenteed to get what was described from Dennis Kroh and people count that as added value. However, as to his prices, so long as people are willing to pay them he'll charge them.

I subscribe to his e-list just out of general interest in seeing what used iron is going for. Some of his antique pre-98 non guins stuff is interesting. He had a '86 Lebel government carbine conversion that looked spiffy for $425. Prolly high, but I have no idea what Lebels go for. Moot anyway as my unencumbered jingle doesn't extend that far at the moment.

.................Buckshot

Frank46
04-01-2006, 03:16 AM
unencumbered jingle, I like that. I have a buddy going to the tulsa gun show this weekend. Maybe the gods will smile on me if he finds a rem 600/660 in 35 rem. Naw I couldn't get that lucky. Frank

mike in co
04-02-2006, 12:45 AM
same old story.....supply and demand...of known quality......
sometimes knowing what you are getting is worth some money...
i dont buy all my rifles from empire, but the ones i have bought have never been a dissappointment.