PDA

View Full Version : Good pan lube?

saz
08-06-2009, 02:05 PM
What is a good pan lube to use? I figured that some will loose certian ingredients that may make them harder, softer or ineffective the more you melt them down. It would be used for .44 cal boolits no faster than 1300fps, and .45 cal boolits no faster than 1900.

This may sound like a dumb question also, but when you pan lube do you size and apply gas checks before or after you lube? I would be using a Lee push through sizer if that would make a difference.

Calamity Jake
08-06-2009, 02:40 PM
What is a good pan lube to use? I figured that some will loose certian ingredients that may make them harder, softer or ineffective the more you melt them down. It would be used for .44 cal boolits no faster than 1300fps, and .45 cal boolits no faster than 1900.

This may sound like a dumb question also, but when you pan lube do you size and apply gas checks before or after you lube? I would be using a Lee push through sizer if that would make a difference.

Lar's BAC, Car. Red, Felix, Lyman molly or Orange Magic, Bullshop's Speed Green, NRA 50/50 . You get the picture, just about any of them. Or you can make your own.

I prelube boolits with a spray case lube then GC and size then pan lube.

Don't over heat the lube then you won't burn out any of the ingredients.